Hilfe - Suche - Mitglieder - Kalender
Vollansicht: 10.4.2009 wide open eyes shut mit sierra_sam, m.a.r.s., e.a.
technoboard.at > electronic music > events, clubbings, partytipps & MITFAHRBÖRSE > Kärnten, Steiermark, Burgenland
der einzige
Hier ein Review des ersten Crepusculum Releases "Sky Diaries"

Erschienen 2006 auf dem sehr empfehlenswerten Netlabel 12rec.

Free Download Hier

"There are a series of videos on Youtube that I just happened to stumble across a few weeks ago. They depict a young London-based musician, known as Fred Baty, who records under the moniker Crepusculum. Normally, videos of random people playng acoustic guitar hold my attention for all of ten seconds, but there was something about the "Open Gates"* (video) that kept me watching. It wasn't until halfway through the song, that I realised this youngster was an incredible guitar player. Further investigation revealed that netlabel 12rec had seen those same videos and offered to release some of Crepusculum, banding them together as the "Sky Diaries Ep". It's predominantly an instrumental offering, but such an insignificant statement would not do this Ep justice, as the guitar work here is multi-textured and insanely melodic. Guitar harmonics sparkle throughout the glorious "Momentum" and are used within a highly inventive chord structure. It's a warm composition that just seems to get better with every listen. Many acoustic and instrumental albums suffer from lack of variety, but there is no danger of that happening here. The superior guitar work is augmented with Album Leaf-style chimes and some delicate keyboard sounds. "Anachronism" uses this approach with a degree of perfection. Every scrape of the plectrum across the strings and every hand movement upon the fretboard is picked up on this poignant recording, giving a certain atmospheric edge. As the lovely melody of the, aforementioned, "Open Gates" washes over you, you will be in no doubt that Baty is and incredibly talented individual, and 12rec appear to have picked out a pearl from the bottom of the ocean with this Ep." - Boring Machines

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJfc6Ql18Cs
der einzige
Hier ein Live Set von Sierra_Sam.
Schon ein bissl älter. Ein aktuelleres kommt noch.
der einzige
Sierra_Sam live at Riders Park, 11.5.2008
Download Hier
Ludwig II
Sierra_Sam, super!

Ganz starkes Liveset vom Mai 2008, großen Dank dafür.

Wär ich zu gern dabei...
der einzige
VIDEO: Crepusculum - A Fledgling Firework
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCS09jRklJs
der einzige
Der Zeitplan

21:00-22:00 Simon/off
22:00-22:40 Crepusculum live
22:40-22:50 Simon/off
22:50-23:40 Scraps of Tape live
23:40-1:30 Simon/off
1:30-2:30 Sierra_Sam live
2:30-3:30 M.A.R.S. live
3:30-e:nd Clara Moto
acidophilusMilk
hab Scraps of Tape gestern live gesehen, kann nur empfehlen, hinzugehen! großartige Performance thumbs-up.gif
Dieses ist eine vereinfachte Darstellung unseres Foreninhaltes. Um die detaillierte Vollansicht mit Formatierung und Bildern zu betrachten, bitte hier klicken.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.