Hilfe - Suche - Mitglieder - Kalender
Vollansicht: 5.7.2008 Sophisticated @ SASS
technoboard.at > electronic music > events, clubbings, partytipps & MITFAHRBÖRSE > Wien
SASS Music Club
Christian Hornbostel:

The English music press has dubbed CHRISTIAN HORNBOSTEL one of "Sasha & Digweed's favourite producers" (DJ Magazine) and "the German Doge" (Muzik Magazine). In order to understand the sound that most influenced Christian's teen age years, mentioning two titles will be enough: 'I gotcha' by Joe Tex and 'Nutbush city limits' by Ike and Tina Turner. These are the first singles he bought when he was a just about a baby.

Then, Christian was exposed to Santana's latin sounds, to the rock-funk of the Deep Purple's latter era, and later to the new american disco-wave. Chic, Stargard, Olympic Runners and Heatwave are just few names of an incredible constellation that influenced his growing and clear interest for soul and "music-that-makes-you-move!". Christian has been in the biz for quite a while. His international career as a producer began in 1991 with two UK top ten: JT & the Big Family 'Moments in soul' and Don Pablo's Animals 'Venus' (Bisiach Hornbostel Ferrucci Team). He wrote and produced with the same team 'I need you', the hit by Nikita Warren later remixed by Joey Negro. In 1993, together with his friend and business partner Mr. Marvin, he founded Shadow Productions, releasing among others Virtualmismo 'Mismoplastico' and VFR 'Tranceillusion'. The tracks were hammered by Sasha and John Digweed during their sets and included by the pair on their groundbreaking Renaissance compilation.

Backed by his overflowing experience as radio and club dj, which has been further coined by his legendary gigs at Ibiza's Pacha and El Divino, at London's Gallery and Crash and at Izola's Ambasada Gavioli, Christian gets usually heavy support from people like Tony Humphries, Pete Tong, Joey Negro, Peter Rauhofer, etc... The south-German producer, born in Venetia, remixed some of house music's finest names, including Satoshi Tomiie, Barbara Tucker, Joi Cardwell and Deep Forest and produced own projects such as 'Into your mind', 'Back 2 the music' (on UK Southeast) and 'Savoy Session One' (on US Airplane) before signing The Sura Quintet pres. Manzo 'D Minor' and Christian Hornbostel featuring Keith Thompson 'All God's Children got rhythm' with US Soulfuric. He releases his lounge and jazzy oriented productions under the moniker the Sura Quintet (Sura is the ancient name of the little village in Upper Bavaria where Christian lives).

Christian, also mastermind of the internationally acclaimed housepacific radio show, which is aired worldwide in 32 countries, reaching weekly more than five million listeners (technical range), must be considered one of the big players of his genre.

http://www.christianhornbostel.com
SASS Music Club
SASS Music Club
bitte pro samstag je 2 mal 2 karten verlosen, danke!
simonlebon
wird das mit der kartenverlosung noch was? oder wie?
Luminary
Wird das mit der Moderation oder irgendwie irgendwas dergleichen - was es in Foren geben sollte. zumindest nehme ich das in meiner Naivität an - noch was? wink.gif
SASS Music Club

TJ HICKS – also known as 'ALTROY' was born in 1972 in Spanish Harlem - New York (USA). He’s been playing vinyl records since 1990 and based in San Francisco, CA, Charlotte, NC and Vienna, Austria. He plays at various events across America, Austria, Bahrain, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland and the UK to perform his unique mix of underground electronic dance music.
Some memorable one-off and club nights include; The Drome in London, England, Flex in Vienna, Austria, The Monastery - Abbey de Blanchelande in Normandy, France, Club Yellow in Tokyo, Japan and Cocoon Club in Frankfurt, Germany. He’s known throughout the underground of electronic dance music for fusing deep soulful techno with a variety of tastefully selected electronic rhythms, which developed from his strong influence from early 60’s - 70’s Soul, Merengue, Ska and Jazz, which manifested into late 80’s to early 90’s Punk Rock, Industrial, New Wave, House and Techno productions.
The compilation entitled ‘School of Riddim’ was released in 2007 on Minimalsoul Recordings and featured five different International Artists from the Minimalsoul imprint.
He currently records his own productions under the moniker ALTROY and has recently recorded for Minimalsoul Recordings (AT), Tjumy Records (AT) and NightVision Records (NL). Minimalsoul is his record label that releases a variety of soulful, modern and abstract music. [changing the way you listen..] is the basic concept of the label.

http://www.minimalsoul.net

WHARE
When it comes down to producers you always hear the same old phrases about a Jack who found his Jill or romantic stories about two bedroom musicians whose musical symbiosis finally brought them into the worldwide spotlight, but it really was that way with the Viennese electronic music project WHARE, or at least nearly. It’s true, that Simonlebon and CrisCo have known each other since their childhood, but it would be a long way to their musical collaboration,this doesnt mean that they have been idle before their collaboration. Simon has been on the go as a DJ since the late 90ies and working for Klein Records, when he finally founded, together with Soundlab Entertainment inventor CrisCo, the WHARE project in 2007 – whose message is to let the people dance! CrisCo is someone who is never tired to get it on with his musical mission! In the past few years he has done numerous electronic music projects, events as well as live gigs. WHARE’s singer Colee Royce is no member of the Village People, though you may think so when you see him, because he does his day’s work, when he is not at the recording studio, as a traffic policeman in Chicago. Back in the days they built sandcastles together, now they create tracks,with Dub and House sounds always playing an important role.

Their first release, a rework of CrisCo’s „Pretty Lady“ shows clearly how the two musical talents are completing each other. The track combines the feathery lightness of the original with the „four to the floor“ leg shaking factor of House, but not without a good portion of soulful deepness. the newly founded label „TJUMY Records“ is explained: Classy electronic music that knows,regardless of its numerous influences, where it belongs: On the dance floor.

releases 2008:

Santi Touch - Candle (Whare Wurlitzer Dub) - RyRalio - 2008

upcoming:

Whare - Pretty Lady (rmx by Herb LF / Cassique + M. Flores) - Tjumy
Larissa Kapp - Lost Piano (Whare Wurlitzer Dub + Tin Man rmx ) - Tjumy
Whare - Space Odyssey, Baby (rmx by Westpark Unit + Smacs & Kong) - Tjumy
Whare - Be Right In There (rmx by Altroy) - Tjumy

http://www.myspace.com/wharemusic
simonlebon
nachdem das mit der "offiziellen" kartenverlosung hier am TB nicht zu funktionieren scheint bzw. kein interesse der moderatoren daran besteht, mach ich das einfach mal "inoffiziell": die ersten 2 mails an [email protected] bekommen je 2 freikarten......natürlich nur bei interesse :=)
Neo
du es gibt einen button hier an board, da steht tatsächlich gewinnspiele drauf.
wenn man da draufklickt sieht man das sehr wohl karten fürs sass verlost werden ab der party am 19.07.

da du ja schon länger dabei bist solltest du das wissen lookaround.gif
simonlebon
ups, das wusste ich nicht smile.gif
simonlebon
TJ Hicks in the mix:

http://www.play.fm/playfm_artists.php?p_id=54
simonlebon
heute mit herrn hippy:

http://www.play.fm/playfm_artists.php?p_id=53

und anschliessend flex afterhour mit crazy sonic, patrick testor und fmka.....
simonlebon
Slack Hippy über sich selbst:

Born within the sound of Bow Bells (a real Londoner for the uninformed ; ) ) and raised in peaceful Cornwall..It got a bit boring so I left England in search of pastures new....... I Live in Vienna since 1991 and DJ (since 1990) under the name of Slack Hippy regularly in most of the top spots in and around Vienna and Austria.
I am resident DJ for the Friday night Electronic Music Radio show La Boum De Luxe on FM4 and am Co-Host (Together with D.Kay) and founder of the Monthly Breakbeat show "The Dogs Bollocks" on FM4. I have played all over Austria in the past 15 years and have built up a reputation as a technically fine skilled DJ with many musical surprises in my record box.
I am always ready for a good party and have a good instinct for pleasing the music hungry crowds. Internationally I have also made a name for myself and am a regular guest in Poland (PROZAK, M25, METRO and many more) and Germany (ULTRASCHALL I&II, MUFFAT HALLE, BOGALOO, SUICIDE CLUB, TURBINE, TRESOR, LIQUID SKY, DAS BOOT, KISS FM BERLIN and many more) with DJ appearances also in Croatia,Slovenia, Bosnia&Herzogovinia, Czech Rep. ,Slovakia, Hungary (Sziget Festival 2006 plus many more events), Lithuania, Rumania, Belarus, Switzerland and Spain.
Musically I am interested in nearly every form of music so long as it isnt trashy/commercial...from 80bpm to 180 bpm with a secret love for deep underground D&B (not that bloody rave sheit) My Hobbies include reading,travelling,walking,exploring,beer drinking and falling over ; )

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." (Christian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989)

http://www.myspace.com/slackhippy
Dieses ist eine vereinfachte Darstellung unseres Foreninhaltes. Um die detaillierte Vollansicht mit Formatierung und Bildern zu betrachten, bitte hier klicken.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.