Hilfe - Suche - Mitglieder - Kalender
Vollansicht: It's not easy being Sven Vath,especially on MySpac
technoboard.at > electronic music > electronic music
andy.360
t is a commonly known fact that people on the Internet might not actually be who they claim to be. To some people, the idea of "being" someone else, creating profiles and write blogs under someone else's name is just irresistible. Gosh!

Social networking phenomenon MySpace.com has a long history of people creating fake profiles, mostly for marketing purposes. But that's not the case here: This little MySpace whore, who is pretending to be German DJ and producer Sven Vath, went a little too far.

Frankfurt-based Cocoon Recordings, the label that Vath founded and currently runs, got fed up with this "Svaeth" and posted the following comment:

hello "svaeth",

after you haven't shown any response to the various attempts to contact you, and after you may have read in raveline magazine ( - which i consider to be part of your reading) that we also couldn't get in touch with you through the somehow strangely close-mouthed people of myspace.com, i finally write to you one last time - publicly and in english, so that all the people you are fooling by pupose can read it. i am doing this in the name of sven (and i mean the real sven väth) and you can believe me that he fully stands behind me in all i write here.

basically, we don't consider it a problem that someone puts a 'sven-väth-myspace-page' online, because this is also a form of worship and one can see that you are administering this page with great efforts. would this page be clearly recognisable as a fan page, we wouldn't offend it at all. we understand that you may see yourself simply as the person that satisfies the demand for an online presence of sven at myspace, because sven does not have an own account there. anyway, this can of course never give you the right to maintain a page in the name of sven without his approval.

what really is a problem - and you surely would not seriously contradict me in this matter - is that you are simply pretending that you are someone else, and that you don't do anything in order to make clear to all the people who have been registered by you as friends that you are not sven väth. the bulletin you have posted in http://groups.myspace.com/oelectronics is not really helping very much her. to make this clear to everybody: this is not about the fact that sven feels offended or somehow only dislikes this page - this is about the legal matter of fact of the violation of sven's personal rights. he absolutely dislikes the fact that you are pretending to be him to all sorts of people - with all myspace consequences resulting from this (adding friends etc.)

this post/letter is the last attempt from our side to get in touch with you in order to find a peaceful solution. i strongly advise you to get in touch with me via e-mail in order to dispose this problem of once and for all. if you should reject this offer, we assume that you are set out to face court action and that you are also willing to bear the cost associated with this procedure. it is absolutely clear that you would have to bear this cost, because for you, it is rather difficult to prove that you are the real sven väth, while we can easily evidence that we are representing him in all concerns. this proof is the basis for a claim of damages against you from our part, and i don't want to imagine the height of this claim.

please spare yourself and us this awkward and highly expensive procedure.

regards
blocker

wacko.gif wacko.gif
salz01
tja nachdem mittlerweile eh "fan page" dabei steht ist die sache wohl geregelt ... dürfte aber eine derbe entäuschung für einige leute (so ca. 11789) sein... tounge.gif
Andros
eh wurscht, hab noch genug andere seiten von dj's die mir gehörn

HAHAHAHA

dozingoff.gif
portcitycat
auch wenn nicht "fan page" dabei steht - bin ich mir bei einigen artists nicht sicher ob wirklich sie selber oder 'irgendjemand' diese seite betreibt ... wink.gif

heutzutage... sleepy.gif
Fobs
Wo wär denn der Link zur besagten Seite?
andy.360
ich nehm an die gibts nicht mehr , oder ist in eine fanpage verwandelt worden ,site weeiss ich jedoch nicht leider hätt sie auch mal gern gesehen ......
Andros
wird wohl die normale sven väth seitn im myspace gewesen sein
g.
http://www.myspace.com/svaeth
KayoZ
ZITAT("myspace.com/svaeth")
Bandmitglieder
The only official Sven Väth related profile on
myspace.com is the Cocoon Records profile:

http://www.myspace.com/cocoonrecordings
salz01
ZITAT(portcitycat @ 13. Feb 2007, 12:16 )
auch wenn nicht "fan page" dabei steht - bin ich mir bei einigen artists nicht sicher ob wirklich sie selber oder 'irgendjemand' diese seite betreibt ... wink.gif

heutzutage... sleepy.gif

einige lassen ihre seite aber auch offiziell betreuen. soll heißen es ist schon ihre seite nur es verwaltet sie jemand anders.
irina derevko
[quote=salz01,13. Feb 2007, 16:27 ]
heutzutage... sleepy.gif [/QUOTE]
einige lassen ihre seite aber auch offiziell betreuen. soll heißen es ist schon ihre seite nur es verwaltet sie jemand anders. [/quote]
na das is aber sowieso klar.
also ich glaub nicht dass sich zB die madonna selbst hinsetzt und sich persönlich die mühe macht so ein (nur nebenbei- supermühsam zu erstellendes) profil zusammenbastelt.
andinger
@irina:
du wirst ja jetzt wohl nicht die internationale popgöttin madonna mit onkel sven vergleichen wollen?
nives
von wegen popgöttin... das macht net mal der eulberg selber... hab ich zumindest gehört...
andinger
ZITAT(nives @ 13. Feb 2007, 17:47 )
von wegen popgöttin... das macht net mal der eulberg selber... hab ich zumindest gehört...

was man nicht so alles hört...?

eulberg, väth... blabla...
im vergleich zu madonna sind die nicht mehr als ein furz im wind... isn´t it? biggrin.gif
andy.360
aufjeden fall ne krasse geschichte wie ich finde

off :
hier hätt ich noch ein wenig kleinkram , nur das der post nicht unjtergeht ...ich hätte da einen soundfetzn wo ich gern wüsste was das für ein track ist ... ich denke der ein oder andre kennt ihn sicher ....

http://www.technoboard.at/index.php?showtopic=31679
Digital Affinity
hui das is ja funny..
bin da wohl einer davon der da nen fake auf den Leim gegangen is..
schräge Typen gibts schu.. naja.. happy.gif ..
eigengrau
ZITAT(salz01 @ 13. Feb 2007, 17:27 )
einige lassen ihre seite aber auch offiziell betreuen. soll heißen es ist schon ihre seite nur es verwaltet sie jemand anders.

Es gibt ihn wieder ... den Webmaster =) Aufstieg ohne den Datenbank-Administrator machen zu müssen.
Dieses ist eine vereinfachte Darstellung unseres Foreninhaltes. Um die detaillierte Vollansicht mit Formatierung und Bildern zu betrachten, bitte hier klicken.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.