noch ein zweiter verlust für die new yorker house-community: hector cruz, mitveranstalter der house nation parties, ist spätestens am 31.8., meinen bisherigen informationen nach an einem herzinfarkt gestorben.

ich erlaube mir das einfach zu copy&pasten:

---
Information by LIL RAY
Courtesy of SUENOMARTINO.NET

Re-circulated on DHP

House Nation came before Wild Pitch...

House Nation (the early years) was a group of guys and ladies in NYc formed in '84 or '85....Hector Cruz (the fearless leader), Danny, Meek, Mel, Fela, Nancy, Ace(these guys and ladies were the core of House Nation even to this day), liL Ray (they approach me back in '86 or '87 to join up), Barry(R.I.P)...then you had those honorary members like Mitchell, Larry Levan, Victor Rosado, Gary, Lorie, Amy, Kim and a few others. We use to meet at Hector's place on 10th st on the corner of Ave C or at Adela's restaurant(Hector's family) on Ave C.

House Nation was around before the Garage closed...we did "one-off" parties in many various places....space on 18th St, a place over the McDonald's on 6th Ave, the Loft/Choice as david mentioned, a hotel/hostel (?) at Bank st and the west ide highway, and many other spaces...hell, wherever we could find a space, we did a party....these were some of the best parties...

Hector had all the state of the art sounds including Klipsch speakers (those fucks were really heavy to carry up those stairs), Crown amps, the Power rotary mixer (sweeet!!).

...the parties always went until well pass 12noon....if we couldn't find a space that would allow us to do the party 'til 12noon, we wouldn't do it. After the Garage closed, Larry and Victor join us and played with us on the regular at many of our parties....the djs were Ace, Hector (we all looked forward to Hector's set in the last 2 hrs of the party, because Hector had some of the best music selection and played them back to back without mixing), liL Ray (that's me!) and various guest....

the good thing about House Nation was that it was a group of folks who came together and did every facet of the party...making of the flyer (Nancy and Fela), the promotion (that was everybody's job, with us grouping up and being responsible for certain parts of the city), security (Mel, Danny, Meek...however, the partrons use to look out and patrol the party, with times (rare) where a few of them got together and booted a few rowdy asses out of the party), the doorman (Barry), money collection (Nancy), the setup (all of us..did I tell y'all how heavy those Klipsch were), the breakdown (all...that use to hurt), and the djs....

This was a great time, we threw parties for the love of it, parties were successful and you could always count on a good time with food, drinks, good people and great music. I will always treasure those days because they showed me how a real party was supposed to be done, and to always remember, it was just a party, nothing else, so don't make it complicated.

Hector Cruz and HOUSE NATION helped to shape the club music culture here in NYcity....BIGUPS!!!

[-liL Ray]

B Blessed
Peace Always
Wil Milton
---

hier ein kurzes profil von hector:
http://bbs.undergroundnyc.com/archive/index.php?t-130.html

respect