Hilfe - Suche - Mitglieder - Kalender
Vollansicht: Danny Rampling
technoboard.at > electronic music > electronic music
LeilaN
cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

Press Announcement from Danny Rampling

‘I have made a major contribution to the history of club culture and fulfilled most of my dreams and ambitions over the course of the last 18 years as a professional club and radio DJ. Time certainly doesn’t stand still when you are having such much fun. It feels as if I have been on one long holiday, partying and traveling across the globe.

The passion and the energy I projected in developing the UK house scene in its infancy was contagious, it spread like wildfire and regardless of what the cynics may have said it was a rebellious force that made a positive statement for change in British youth culture. Especially, during the golden years of 88/89 in the second summer of love.

The 18 years on the DJ circuit has been such a brilliant experience, sharing music with millions of people around the world along the way and spreading the vibe of house music. However 2005 will be my final year as a professional DJ and I will be making a final appearance on New Years Eve. There will also be a final farewell London party in December, for which information will be announced soon.

I’m certain that some of the gigs leading up to my exit on New Years Eve will be emotional at times, however this is a celebration for change and not sadness. I love music and it will always be part of my life. But why?

Over the years of playing around the world, I have been fortunate in developing a taste for fine wines and modern eclectic cuisine. Many of my friends are chefs and wine importers and the passion and enthusiasm I have for this has made me take the decision to bow out at the top and open a restaurant in central London next year. My son Claudio and my wife Patricia will also benefit from me being at home in the city full time rather than jetting off around the world.

It’s very exciting in getting closer to the realisation of another dream of being a restaurateur as now is the right time to turn and face the change, and I do so with a combination of fear and excitement as this project takes shape. The emphasis will be on having fun at a restaurant (rather than a stuffy silent environment) and enjoying stylish food of the highest standard. It will be a large chilled space with 80+ covers and I am fortunate that my business partner has 17 years experience in Michelin Star restaurants. The cuisine will be contemporary modern European with Southern Mediterranean influences. More information of this venture will be announced in due course.

The culmination of 18 years DJing will also see a landmark compilation release on Defected. I am currently putting together a 3 CD set which will be released at the end of the Summer. Two of the CDs will reflect the greatest timeless tracks I’ve played over the years which will reflect the magic of the days of Shoom, Pure Sexy and the Love Groove Dance Party. The final CD will be eclectic Balearic. This collector’s edition will be a piece of history."

www.dannyrampling.co.uk

www.defected.com
LeBeau
zusammengefasst und auf deutsch gibt´s das ganze auf www.electronic-vibe.com unter News -> Music News
Dieses ist eine vereinfachte Darstellung unseres Foreninhaltes. Um die detaillierte Vollansicht mit Formatierung und Bildern zu betrachten, bitte hier klicken.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.