technoboardLogo

Willkommen, Gast ( Anmelden | Registrierung )

> what djs hate!
TEKKNIK
Beitrag 17 Feb 2008, 14:04
Beitrag #1

objektophil

Gruppe: Members
Mitglieds-Nr.: 4.967

hab ich grad gefunden... die frau spricht mir aus der seele....

MessageHaving played at literally hundreds of parties and organised a good 1/3 of those parties, there are 2 main rules that I honestly believe in:
1) Never give a Dj a reason to complain...it will be used against you. A comfortable Dj = good Dj = a good party!!!!
2) In the good Dj we trust. You must trust the artist you book...or book somebody else!!!

There are so many party promoters that literally have no idea what the hell they are doing and I thought that maybe, just maybe I could save a good party from going bad with just a few simple sentences...
I HATE strobes lights with a passion! The Dj makes the people dance, not some bloody flashing light...We would dance to a candle if the music is good.
I HATE playing on a low table. The table should be at le ast 1m10 from the ground. For the next 2 days you walk around with a displaced backbone!
I HATE promoters who use your name on a flyers to get people to the club, then insist on playing when the club is full – why don’t they just book themselves then they can play all bloody night and then I could have stayed home with my sweetheart under a warm duvet!
I HATE it when there is no toilet paper already before the party starts…we girls use it 10x more than you guys
I HATE having to put my records on the floor...every time people look up - there is no Dj because you're on your flipping hands and knees looking for a record!!!
I HATE playing back to back before I am "warmed up" and for your information SO DOES THE PUBLIC!! There are some rare people with whom one can play ...and they are probably not at this party!...rather have one Dj play well than 2 or 3 or 4 playing badly.
I HATE driving 5 hours to play for one hour
I HATE promoters who don't have the balls to make their own line up...it is not the Djs to decide who plays when for God's sake! - that just puts pressure on us, starts Dj "wars" , and gives the party a bad vibe....decide before who you want (and why and when). The more generous Djs always get walked on and it is NOT FAIR!
I HATE playing in a party where my music does not "fit in" and then I get asked to "play more like this or more like that" Damn! It is the promoter’s job to know in advance what kind of music you play and IF there is a problem...it is their mistake.
I HATE artists who sit in the backstage all night until 5 min before they play…if the public’s money is good enough to take, they are good enough to drink with and party with. And if you hate the other artist’s music…you should have asked for the line up before and refused the booking.
I HATE playing with a beamer projecting images in your eyes...you can't see anybody, you feel lonely and you can't share your music with anyone – might just as well have stayed at home and played in your living room... "Oooohooo is there anybody out there?"
I HATE promoters who get too drunk or stoned to keep the party under control or bother about what happens at their party towards the end
I DOUBLE HATE parties with one Dj per hour, and for your information SO DOES THE PUBLIC!!
I DOUBLE HATE it when people ask "Can I put on a record, just one record pleeeese" in the middle of your set...NO YOU CANNOT!...what the hell do you want to do with ONE record anyways??? If you want to show people you can Dj, you can stand next to me and turn the buttons a bit...that should get your rocks off.

What about you? What do you hate?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Beiträge in diesem Thema
TEKKNIK   what djs hate!   17 Feb 2008, 14:04
Luniq 9   yeah. stimmt alles. was ich noch hasse: - dj-boo...   17 Feb 2008, 14:18
tecxx   meine nummer eins ist definitiv: I FUCKING HATE p...   17 Feb 2008, 14:39
Nayrobi   meine nummer eins ist definitiv: I FUCKING HATE p...   18 Feb 2008, 08:48
antidote   luniq, letzteres musst du einfach hinnehmen lernen...   17 Feb 2008, 14:40
Luniq 9   jo ich fürcht fast auch - der fluch meiner schönhe...   17 Feb 2008, 14:43
semmel   I hate the word "Hate" Far to strong....   17 Feb 2008, 14:50
snitch   I don,t like having to handle ABOUT MY F**KING GAG...   17 Feb 2008, 15:52
Loge   I HATE promoters who get too drunk or stoned to k...   17 Feb 2008, 14:56
TEKKNIK   /loo/ LOL /biggr/   17 Feb 2008, 15:38
Andros   "hast du was vom gigi?" /loo/   17 Feb 2008, 15:55
G-point   "hast du was vom gigi?" /loo/ Jetz tu n...   17 Feb 2008, 16:16
fjo   ich hasse schlümpfe   17 Feb 2008, 20:29
Crayfish   ich hasse schlümpfe warum?   17 Feb 2008, 22:42
alexej   ohgott kennt ihr diese leute (vorwiegend in gruppe...   18 Feb 2008, 00:32
Delegoano   Mir geht auch immer wieder auf die Nerven, dass ma...   18 Feb 2008, 07:11
Loge   Vielleicht auch etwas aus Veranstalter und LiveAct...   18 Feb 2008, 07:21
Loge   I DOUBLE HATE parties with one Dj per hour, and f...   18 Feb 2008, 09:29
snitch   sie hat schon ein paar komische sachen auch dabei...   18 Feb 2008, 14:44
Luniq 9   also die 1-stunde-pro-dj-parties mag ich auch abso...   18 Feb 2008, 14:53
antidote   agree - und nicht nur als gast ;)   18 Feb 2008, 14:57
Andros   http://www.funny-videoclips.de/lustige-vid...video...   25 Feb 2008, 14:45
Loge   http://www.funny-videoclips.de/lustige-vid...video...   25 Feb 2008, 14:47
saftpackerl   "monitoring?? was meinst??? - da drüben gegen...   26 Feb 2008, 17:36
Luca Di Pesso   DJs hate limiters!!! weiters: - supe...   3 Mar 2008, 15:59
Luniq 9   DJs hate limiters!!! die meisten djs ...   3 Mar 2008, 18:55
caTekk   die meisten djs sind schlicht und ergreifend zu bl...   3 Mar 2008, 19:08
Luca Di Pesso   die meisten djs sind schlicht und ergreifend zu bl...   13 Mar 2008, 13:56
KB!   - kaputte KH oder dass während des Übergangs immer...   8 Apr 2008, 12:42
dmp   - Clubpersonal dass urplötzlich Feierabend macht u...   8 Apr 2008, 13:55
Nayrobi   @nayrobi: mit nem halben Ohr am Pitcher? /biggr/ ...   8 Apr 2008, 14:23
Nayrobi   es schlimmste für mich ist eigentlich nur wenn die...   8 Apr 2008, 12:47
Six-Ecco   - Ja was ich auch überhaupt ned packe sind zu klei...   8 Apr 2008, 14:14
Pete van Weed   Robi... Gebe dir Recht... Ausserdem haben gleichla...   8 Apr 2008, 14:30
Nayrobi   Robi... Gebe dir Recht... Ausserdem haben gleichla...   8 Apr 2008, 14:35

« Vorhergehendes Thema · electronic music · Folgendes Thema »

Bookmark and Share

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 Besucher lesen dieses Thema (Gäste: 2 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
0 Mitglieder:

- Vereinfachte Darstellung Aktuelles Datum: 19. May 2024 - 22:37

Copyright 2001 - 2014 technoboard.at
Die Texte geben die Meinung der Autoren und nicht unbedingt die des technoboard.at Teams wieder.
Alle fraglichen Inhalte werden auf Anfrage und alle gegen die BoardRegeln verstossenden Einträge automatisch entfernt (sobald sie bemerkt werden).
Kontakt: [email protected]

connected by: