technoboardLogo

Willkommen, Gast ( Anmelden | Registrierung )

2 Seiten V   1 2 >  
Bookmark and Share Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what djs hate!
TEKKNIK
Beitrag 17 Feb 2008, 14:04
Beitrag #1

objektophil

Gruppe: Members
Mitglieds-Nr.: 4.967

hab ich grad gefunden... die frau spricht mir aus der seele....

MessageHaving played at literally hundreds of parties and organised a good 1/3 of those parties, there are 2 main rules that I honestly believe in:
1) Never give a Dj a reason to complain...it will be used against you. A comfortable Dj = good Dj = a good party!!!!
2) In the good Dj we trust. You must trust the artist you book...or book somebody else!!!

There are so many party promoters that literally have no idea what the hell they are doing and I thought that maybe, just maybe I could save a good party from going bad with just a few simple sentences...
I HATE strobes lights with a passion! The Dj makes the people dance, not some bloody flashing light...We would dance to a candle if the music is good.
I HATE playing on a low table. The table should be at le ast 1m10 from the ground. For the next 2 days you walk around with a displaced backbone!
I HATE promoters who use your name on a flyers to get people to the club, then insist on playing when the club is full – why don’t they just book themselves then they can play all bloody night and then I could have stayed home with my sweetheart under a warm duvet!
I HATE it when there is no toilet paper already before the party starts…we girls use it 10x more than you guys
I HATE having to put my records on the floor...every time people look up - there is no Dj because you're on your flipping hands and knees looking for a record!!!
I HATE playing back to back before I am "warmed up" and for your information SO DOES THE PUBLIC!! There are some rare people with whom one can play ...and they are probably not at this party!...rather have one Dj play well than 2 or 3 or 4 playing badly.
I HATE driving 5 hours to play for one hour
I HATE promoters who don't have the balls to make their own line up...it is not the Djs to decide who plays when for God's sake! - that just puts pressure on us, starts Dj "wars" , and gives the party a bad vibe....decide before who you want (and why and when). The more generous Djs always get walked on and it is NOT FAIR!
I HATE playing in a party where my music does not "fit in" and then I get asked to "play more like this or more like that" Damn! It is the promoter’s job to know in advance what kind of music you play and IF there is a problem...it is their mistake.
I HATE artists who sit in the backstage all night until 5 min before they play…if the public’s money is good enough to take, they are good enough to drink with and party with. And if you hate the other artist’s music…you should have asked for the line up before and refused the booking.
I HATE playing with a beamer projecting images in your eyes...you can't see anybody, you feel lonely and you can't share your music with anyone – might just as well have stayed at home and played in your living room... "Oooohooo is there anybody out there?"
I HATE promoters who get too drunk or stoned to keep the party under control or bother about what happens at their party towards the end
I DOUBLE HATE parties with one Dj per hour, and for your information SO DOES THE PUBLIC!!
I DOUBLE HATE it when people ask "Can I put on a record, just one record pleeeese" in the middle of your set...NO YOU CANNOT!...what the hell do you want to do with ONE record anyways??? If you want to show people you can Dj, you can stand next to me and turn the buttons a bit...that should get your rocks off.

What about you? What do you hate?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aira_force
Beitrag 17 Feb 2008, 14:18
Beitrag #2

the idiots have taken over

Mitglieds-Nr.: 1.488

yeah. stimmt alles.

was ich noch hasse:

- dj-booths, in denen man sich netmal gscheit rührn kann, weils so eng is...in der heutigen zeit, wo ma irrsinnig viel herumstöpseln muss echt nicht mehr zeit gemäß..abgesehn davon mag ich dem stefan net andauernd auf die haxn hupfen, weil ma zu zweit nur 30 quadratcm stehfläche haben... + kein platz fürs equipment...das is fast noch schlimmer

- schlechte, furzende anlagen - in wiens klein- und mittelgroßen lokalen leider oft vorhanden

- getränke abstellen neben meinem laptop!

- nicht wissen, wann man anfängt und aufhört

- wenn der vorgänger einen nicht übernehmen lässt, auch wenns schon längst zeit is...find ich ganz besonders dreist und unfair - hat was von "mein sound is einfach besser als deiner".

ähm - zuviel vodka und frauen, die sich um einen herumräkeln und einen anzumachen versuchen - aus aktuellem anlass *gggg*

+Quote Post
tecxx
Beitrag 17 Feb 2008, 14:39
Beitrag #3

rave on!

Gruppe: tb-Support
Mitglieds-Nr.: 352

meine nummer eins ist definitiv:

I FUCKING HATE playing when there are no dj monitor speakers (or very crappy ones)

mit allem anderem kann man sich halbwegs arrangieren... auch mit den vodka frauen hehe

+Quote Post
antidote
Beitrag 17 Feb 2008, 14:40
Beitrag #4

stiangglanderstenz

Mitglieds-Nr.: 6.948

luniq, letzteres musst du einfach hinnehmen lernen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
aira_force
Beitrag 17 Feb 2008, 14:43
Beitrag #5

jo ich fürcht fast auch - der fluch meiner schönheit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lookaround.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
semmel
Beitrag 17 Feb 2008, 14:50
Beitrag #6

Hardcoreposter

Mitglieds-Nr.: 2.752

I hate the word "Hate"

Far to strong...please try "I don,t Like"

I don,t like people who fall off the stage on to the record players during my set (IMG:style_emoticons/default/crazy.gif) It happened again at Icke micke this Friday...Bloody Idiot fell right on to a Big Floor Filler of a tune.. at least he bought me my Beer for the rest of the evening (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I don,t like people saying "Schneller Oida"

I don,t like getting 3 free drinks all night,but only beer and soft drinks,if I have to stay on Location all night..

I don,t like being paid the same "Gage" as I did for 10/15 years whilst everything else around me ,from ciggies to Rent toStrom/Gas to Records gets more expensive ... Promoters,please explain this one to me..there must be a reason

I don,t like other DJs who start to make a fuss about their Gig (unpacking records,looking nervously at me,going through their records 20 times,looking nervously at me,asking if they can play NOW) half an hour to 1 hour befor their alloted gig time... Extremely Nerving..

I don,t like Promoters who fall asleep during their party..(happened a few times) and Promoters who disappear half way through the night...

I don,t like being left stranded in the middle of nowhere,with no1 picking up the phone,no1 taking me to my train or picking me up to take me to my gig...One time 1 had to walk / hitch 5 km with full Record-case and Rucksack in High Summer
to a train station cos the Damned Promoter didnt pick up his phone

I don,t like having to handle ABOUT MY F**KING GAGE cos there werent enough people at the party..

Ausgemacht is Ausgemacht and I will do the Handling if I feel its necessary...

I really don,t like uncontrolled use of Smoke Machines/Strobos/Lasers

I really don,t like getting so wasted that I can,t play properly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/alien.gif)

+Quote Post
Loge
Beitrag 17 Feb 2008, 14:56
Beitrag #7

Guests

ZITAT(TEKKNIK @ 17 Feb 2008, 14:04 ) *
I HATE promoters who get too drunk or stoned to keep the party under control or bother about what happens at their party towards the end

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lookaround.gif)

+Quote Post
TEKKNIK
Beitrag 17 Feb 2008, 15:38
Beitrag #8

objektophil

Mitglieds-Nr.: 4.967

ZITAT(Loge @ 17 Feb 2008, 14:56 ) *

LOL (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
snitch
Beitrag 17 Feb 2008, 15:52
Beitrag #9

stp all star

Mitglieds-Nr.: 3.747

ZITAT(semmel @ 17 Feb 2008, 14:50 ) *
I don,t like having to handle ABOUT MY F**KING GAGE cos there werent enough people at the party..

Ausgemacht is Ausgemacht and I will do the Handling if I feel its necessary...

ich frag ja auch nicht ob ich mehr bekomm wenn viele leute da sind....

ZITAT(semmel @ 17 Feb 2008, 14:50 ) *
I don,t like people saying "Schneller Oida"

abwechselnd mit voigaaaas

+Quote Post
Andros
Beitrag 17 Feb 2008, 15:55
Beitrag #10

Hundling!

Gruppe: tb-Support
Mitglieds-Nr.: 2.778

"hast du was vom gigi?" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lookaround.gif)

+Quote Post
G-point
Beitrag 17 Feb 2008, 16:16
Beitrag #11

dis:[Eased]

Mitglieds-Nr.: 5.134

QUOTE(Andros @ 17 Feb 2008, 15:55 ) *
"hast du was vom gigi?" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lookaround.gif)

Jetz tu nicht so, du wartest ja den ganzen Abend auf die Frage, damit du es endlich spielen darfst! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

+Quote Post
fakeschlange
Beitrag 17 Feb 2008, 20:29
Beitrag #12

Hardcoreposter

Mitglieds-Nr.: 76

ich hasse schlümpfe

+Quote Post
Crayfish
Beitrag 17 Feb 2008, 22:42
Beitrag #13

Be Proud Of Not Being Minimal

Mitglieds-Nr.: 2.811

ZITAT(fjo @ 17 Feb 2008, 20:29 ) *
ich hasse schlümpfe

warum?

+Quote Post
mosaïq
Beitrag 18 Feb 2008, 00:32
Beitrag #14

Mitglieds-Nr.: 12.167

ohgott kennt ihr diese leute (vorwiegend in gruppen auftretend), die immer rhythmisch UUI UUI rufen?! sollen sie doch in der hölle schmoren!!

+Quote Post
Delegoano
Beitrag 18 Feb 2008, 07:11
Beitrag #15

Delegoano

Mitglieds-Nr.: 7.187

Mir geht auch immer wieder auf die Nerven, dass man als Dj wie der gelackmeierte dasteht, wenn i der Veranstalter m Ernstfall keine Ersatznadeln/Decks hat...
Oder die Dj-pulte, die so fix verschraubt sind, dass einem nix anderes übrigbleibt, als mit dem vorhandenem Schrott aufzulegen

Nicht zu vergessen: Leute die sich Musikstücke wünschen und bei nichterfüllung fad rumstehen sind ausserdem sowieso das letzte: Grooved euch ein oder geht auf ne andere Party, lieber mal wieder was neues hören als zum tausendsten Mal die selbe alte Partyschlampennummern, von den verirrten Rockhansln auf technoparties garnicht zu reden...

+Quote Post
Loge
Beitrag 18 Feb 2008, 07:21
Beitrag #16

Guests

Vielleicht auch etwas aus Veranstalter und LiveAct Perspektive - is nun schon lange lange her:

Ich mag es nicht wenn ein von mir gebuchter & bezahlter Act mit einem riesen Ego und super schlechter Laune auftaucht - bis
zu seinem Auftritt nur im Eck steht und mault wie scheiße die Party ist und dann, während meinem LiveAct, zu mir kommt und
sagt: "Du, des passt jetzt voll net was du da machst. Lass lieber uns spielen sonst is der Laden leer."
Gehts noch?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Der Beitrag wurde von Loge bearbeitet: 18 Feb 2008, 07:22

+Quote Post
Nayrobi
Beitrag 18 Feb 2008, 08:48
Beitrag #17

Tyrolean Dynamite

Mitglieds-Nr.: 2.261

QUOTE(tecxx @ 17 Feb 2008, 14:39 ) *
meine nummer eins ist definitiv:

I FUCKING HATE playing when there are no dj monitor speakers (or very crappy ones)

mit allem anderem kann man sich halbwegs arrangieren... auch mit den vodka frauen hehe

1000% zustimm

i mein man kann von keinem Dj erwarten a gute Leistung zu bringen wenns monitoring nit passt

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

+Quote Post
Loge
Beitrag 18 Feb 2008, 09:29
Beitrag #18

Guests

ZITAT(TEKKNIK @ 17 Feb 2008, 14:04 ) *
I DOUBLE HATE parties with one Dj per hour, and for your information SO DOES THE PUBLIC!!

echt? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh2.gif)

+Quote Post
snitch
Beitrag 18 Feb 2008, 14:44
Beitrag #19

stp all star

Mitglieds-Nr.: 3.747

sie hat schon ein paar komische sachen auch dabei!

da bin ich eher bei semmels aufzählung (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
aira_force
Beitrag 18 Feb 2008, 14:53
Beitrag #20

also die 1-stunde-pro-dj-parties mag ich auch absolut net - ich bin eher für 1 dj pro nacht, dann gibts im idealfall an schönen spannungsbogen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
« Vorhergehendes Thema · electronic music · Folgendes Thema »

Bookmark and Share

2 Seiten V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 Besucher lesen dieses Thema (Gäste: 2 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
0 Mitglieder:

- Vereinfachte Darstellung Aktuelles Datum: 8. May 2024 - 20:09

Copyright 2001 - 2014 technoboard.at
Die Texte geben die Meinung der Autoren und nicht unbedingt die des technoboard.at Teams wieder.
Alle fraglichen Inhalte werden auf Anfrage und alle gegen die BoardRegeln verstossenden Einträge automatisch entfernt (sobald sie bemerkt werden).
Kontakt: [email protected]

connected by: