technoboardLogo

Willkommen, Gast ( Anmelden | Registrierung )

Bookmark and Share Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mettle Music - moodswings vol.2
ThePremiereMinis...
Beitrag 17 Dec 2004, 13:54
Beitrag #1

Gruppe: Members
Mitglieds-Nr.: 4.496

Artist: Mettle Music
Title: Moodswings - The Vinyl Collection - Volume Two
Release Date: Dec. 15th 2004
Cat: MM002
Format: 12" Vinyl
UK Distribution: Unique, Toko, Music Merchant, Record Corner & Nu Urban
Export: Unique, Contact, Lasgo & One Nation
U.S: Groove

A1: El Mar (House Dub)

A2: Sleepy Head (House Mix)

B1: El Mar (album mix)

B2: Sleepy Head (Album Mix)

Volume Two of the Moodswings vinyl collection see's a nice a balance of cool deep house grooves and broken beat action with a very musical flavour. First up, in it's original broken beat form is the album mix of 'El Mar' featuring the soulful Spanish vocals of Susane Montero (Malena, RSL, Audiowhores). Crisp, jerky beats, deep, deep bass, groovy guitar and a cool brass riff compliment each other perfectly to create a sublime whole. The 'house dub' chop's up the vocal's, introduces a groovy disco bass line and an awesome new sax part. The 'Sleepy Head' broken beats mix is a funky organic track which interlaces some catchy guitar parts, cool rhodes solo & atmospheric flute parts from from the Mettle Music session players (who's credits include Badly Drawn Boy, Jersey St, Rae & Christian etc). Listen out for the drum break in the middle where things really start to take off… To nicely finish things off the 'house mix' expands on the guitar part which now carries the track fluidly along for a journey into blissed out spiritual deepness...

Chris Udoh: Every track is deep & lush, the beatification of house music lives in Mettle Music, bravo!

Robin Lee (Faze Action); Love the brass work on El Mar, nice song too. Classy production. Sleepy has a nice flow & vibe, love the change up of the drums and the flute solo. Great playin'.

Q-Burns Abstract Message; El Mar (album mix) : I love the broken beat drums and the vocal hit is extraordinary. A real song in house-land ... Yay. I’ll be playing this in my deeper sets ... (8) & Sleepy Head (house mix) is lush and mellow with fabulous production and great guitar...

Andy Compton - (The Rurals); Love all the mixes!!! Fantastic music from one of my fave uk labels at the mo!! Massive thanks!!

Fish Go Deep; love the whole EP' El Mar' hot release of the week . Sweet melodies and a bumping groove. Has been getting a great reaction on the floor and on the airwaves for the last couple of months.

Chris Lum; Quality deep house for those who like it jazzy.

Patrick Turner (Movim); Incredible tracks from one of the most ellegant production groups.

Richard Gow, (Rhythm Slaves): I must say excellent work , right up my street!

Dave Taylor (Switch/Solid Groove); Well into this especially the dub.

Kid Pariz (Sound lab, Vienna); Very deep & sensual, my favourite is sleepy head !! Very nice groove/breakz nu-school brokenbeats always groovin always sexy always playable !!

Laid; Great tracks/song. Will chart & play 9/10.

Ben Sowton (Bar Grooves/Seamless); El Mar Dub is quite superb with a funky, yet driving baseline and stunningly produced saxophone. This is quality house music – very difficult to come by but when it does puts a big smile on the face!

Atjazz; El Mar is very sweet, great sax track.

Paolo Mojo: I really dig El Mar (house dub) warm and jazzy without overdoing the noodles. Great start to your label.

Markus Enochson; El Mar is the cut for me on this release. Works well. Been playing it.

Harri (Sub Club); El Mar is really groovy & Sleepy Head is Wonderfully fluid, aural honey. Excellent stuff.

Kelvin K (Moulton Studios); For me, the standout on this is the sleepy head dub...wicked! definitely a track with some longevity...

Neil Aline (Chez); I like El Mar and Sleepy head, both are very good.

Pepe Link; El Mar (house dub) is a very relaxing deep house track, Mallorca sunshines will not the be same without it ;-) & sleepy head (house mix) has spiritual deep vibes....i dream on it everynight...

DJ Freestyle (Australia); The whole thing is awesome. Damn deep shit all round. QUALITY! Fantastic work!

Alex Moran; Likin all the mixes, nice deepness of the two lp versions work best for me.

Nik Weston: Very breezy, lovely sax.

Steve Jones (Slip & Slide); Good quaity vibes, a great 12" collection - Love it!

Selected reviews (edited)

This series sees quite probably Manchester's finest producers release their last CD only long player onto vinyl. And if you're not already familiar with Mettle Music then I'd highly recommend you get acquainted. Both 'El Mar' and 'Sleepy Head' typify the lush sound they produce which always has an ear to the ground musically with rhythms equally suited to dancing and listening. 4/5
Greg Fenton - Update

The one you want here is the album version of 'Sleepy Head' with its allstar cast of Manc musos including Jersey Street's Matt Steele on Rhodes and Badly Drawn Boy's flautist Roger Wickham, with plenty of sweet guitarflourishes from Jason Brown. Yup, its all live Clive and thank fook forthat: the beats swing up a gear halfway through and before you know it you're samba-ing down the street with a pair of maracas in your hand yelling 'Viva Zapatista!' and getting funny looks from the neighbours. Probably.
Cal Gibson - IDJ Oct

Once again Mettle Music deliver us a beautiful 12". The El Mar house dub is my favourite mix with it's tight beat's and a well grooving bass line accompanied by a rather seductive saxophone and as soon as Susane's vocal touches your ear she's got you, Sleepy Head house mix is more of a musical journey drenched with summer love the track is strongly carried by warm keys and a riding guitar riff which is melting. 9-10
Marco Smith TTR Magazine

The second release from Mettle Music and it’s a top class mix of deep house and broken beats. ‘El Mar – House Dub’ is first up, launching into sweet horns, deep beats, groovy guitar touches and cool brass join forces in a cracking track ready made for sun drenched beach bars and sultry city hot spots. ‘Sleepy Head – House Mix’ continues the vibe, with soaring guitar riffs and bounding beats, the track just oozes summer cool. On the flip side we have ‘Sleepy Head – Album Mix’ There’s a spiritual under current thanks to layers of mood washes that really make the track, and the whole release one to track down and enjoy for yourself.
Richie Hartness - Untitled Music

Mettle Music are making magnificent house music for jazz/funk/Latin heads and vice versa. Don't believe me? Check out the soothing El Mar‚ (with Malena's Susana Monterro on vocals), or the yearning jazz of Sleepy Head. DJs can satisfy their taste for versions with plenty of dubs and percussive instrumentals. Hopefully an indication of more good things to come. Top-notch production and fortitude in funk manifest themselves in this successful attempt at live‚ organic house.
Gareth Richardson - http://residentadvisor.com.au

Head straight to the gorgeous broken beat style originals for maximum pleasure. 'El Mar' is a gorgeous ode to the sea, where Susanna Monterro's lovely vocals partner meandering guitars and cut strings. 'Sleepy Head' takes its strength from the captivating strings that sit atop the summery guitars and live bass grooves.
Jon Freer

Any problems getting hold of this release please get in touch or order direct from our website (Vinyl/MP3/CD)

Also available: MM001- Moodswings Volume One
Latin Horns/Latin Horns Dub/Pacific Motion

just reply

www.mettlemusic.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
oscarsix
Beitrag 17 Dec 2004, 14:58
Beitrag #2

Gruppe: Members
Mitglieds-Nr.: 3.018

sehr geil (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
« Vorhergehendes Thema · CD & VinylTALK · Folgendes Thema »

Bookmark and Share

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 Besucher lesen dieses Thema (Gäste: 2 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
0 Mitglieder:

- Vereinfachte Darstellung Aktuelles Datum: 8. May 2024 - 13:43

Copyright 2001 - 2014 technoboard.at
Die Texte geben die Meinung der Autoren und nicht unbedingt die des technoboard.at Teams wieder.
Alle fraglichen Inhalte werden auf Anfrage und alle gegen die BoardRegeln verstossenden Einträge automatisch entfernt (sobald sie bemerkt werden).
Kontakt: [email protected]

connected by: