technoboardLogo

Willkommen, Gast ( Anmelden | Registrierung )

> [Play.FM] Vienna Players #24: Slack Hippy (FM4 Dog’s Bollocks)
TB-team
Beitrag 19 Jun 2015, 07:22
Beitrag #1

der sheriff

Gruppe: tb te@m
Mitglieds-Nr.: 148

(IMG:https://blog.play.fm/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/slackhippy_620x300.jpg) Zwei Monate, eine Stadt und dreißig ihrer einflussreichsten DJs – soweit die Idee hinter unserer aktuellen Serie Vienna Players. Auf Startposition (die übrigens rein zufällig vergeben wird) #24 wartet heute ein Everybody’s Darling der lokalen Szene, auf den BeobachterInnen der Serie wohl schon längst gewartet haben: Slack Hippy, Vollblut-Vinyl-DJ ohne Genre-Grenzen seit mehr als zwei Jahrzehnten, Host und Resident-DJ bei FM4 La Boum deluxe und Inhaber einer Facebook-Wall, die längst sämtliche Diskussions-Foren und Marketing-Pages als zentrale Diskussionsplattform der Wiener Szene abgelöst hat. Als Native Speaker darf er unser Frage&Antwort-Spiel auf Englisch halten, und der exklusive Gast-Mix spricht jenseits aller Sprachbarrieren ohnehin für sich…

What made you initially end up in the music/club scene?
Going Raving with my Friends in England and watching DJs do their thing.

What exactly is it that makes Vienna the perfect central point for your musical activities?Hard to answer that, I just landed here in 1991 and didnt look back and as luck would have it the electronic music scene was just kicking off, so I joined them and here I am 24 years later.

(IMG:https://blog.play.fm/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/slackhippy_300x300_01.jpg) A friend from overseas comes to visit Vienna with the intentiion of experiencing an unforgettable night. What evening’s entertainment do you plan for him?
Well , A good restauraut to kick things off, preferably with a good beer menu , I would choose Brickmakers for that . Then I would look up wots on offer club/music wise for the night and head off there. In the morning I would take them to Drechsler for breakfast and then all back to mine to end off the night.

You’re unexpectedly receiving 100 Euros. Where in town will you most probably spend it on and on what?I would hit Das Market & buy some records and save 30 -40 euros and take my lady out for dinner.

You get the chance to arrange a lineup for a whole night that just fits your personal taste, only condition: You might only choose DJs from Vienna. What does your lineup look like?
Without mentioning any names?? A fine blend of music from 4/4, Breakbeats and Leftfield with a quality warm-up DJ (warm up is important folks), a banging headliner and someone to take them into a deep journey to end the night . I think 3-4 DJs should do it, as I believe every DJ needs at least 90 minutes for a set . The longer a DJ plays the better it gets.

What’s the best thing about Vienna?s club scene?
(IMG:https://blog.play.fm/wp-includes/images/smilies/simple-smile.png) The beer, the vast selection of clubs & bars, going out dancing with my friends.

What’s the most annoying thing about Vienna’s club scene?
The laws and govt regulations concerning running / hosting a club night can be very annoying.

How do you spend your time when you’re not DJing, and what did your life look like before your musical career?
(IMG:https://blog.play.fm/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/slackhippy_300x300_02.jpg) When I am not DJing I love to garden, cook and meet good friends. I also like sampling my way through the beer scene.

At the end, please let us know the following:

• First gig – when and where? Some illegal rave on the beach in England in 1990.
  • Vinyl, digital or something completely different? Vinyl baby.
  • Extent of your music collection? around 15000 plates, maybe more… havent counted them for ages.
  • BpM-Range: From – to? 0 – 180 BpM.
Für die Vienna Players Reihe hat Slack Hippy tief in seinen Plattenboxen gekramt und eine kunterbunte, im Kern aber durchwegs Breakbeat-lastige Selection zusammengesucht. Ähnliches gibt es jede letzten Freitag im Monat in Dog’s Bollocks, seinem monatlichem Sendeplatz in Rahmen von FM4 La Boum deluxe, zu hören. Und wer noch mehr Slack Hippy hören möchte und gleichzeitig etwas Gutes tun möchte, sollte sich das erste Juli-Wochenende unbedingt vormerken, an diesem spielt er nämlich gleich zwei Mal zu Gunsten des Flüchtlingsprojekts Ute Bock: Am Freitag, den 3. Juli, bei Refugees Welcome in der Grellen Forelle und Tags darauf, am 4. Juli, nur knapp eineinhalb Stunden westlich von Wien beim wunderschönen Böllerbauer im Rahmen des Bock auf Revo*lotion Festivals. Beide Veranstaltungen mit Unmengen weiterer großartiger Acts, und beide mit Reinerlös an dieses unglaublich wichtige Projekt.

slack hippy mx for Play FM by slackhippy on play.fm

View the full article
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Beiträge in diesem Thema

« Vorhergehendes Thema · Network News · Folgendes Thema »

Bookmark and Share

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 Besucher lesen dieses Thema (Gäste: 2 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
0 Mitglieder:

- Vereinfachte Darstellung Aktuelles Datum: 2. June 2024 - 03:57

Copyright 2001 - 2014 technoboard.at
Die Texte geben die Meinung der Autoren und nicht unbedingt die des technoboard.at Teams wieder.
Alle fraglichen Inhalte werden auf Anfrage und alle gegen die BoardRegeln verstossenden Einträge automatisch entfernt (sobald sie bemerkt werden).
Kontakt: [email protected]

connected by: