technoboardLogo

Willkommen, Gast ( Anmelden | Registrierung )

> neues Event eintragen

um ein neues Event einzutragen bitte einen dieser Links verwenden:
eintägiges Event ::: mehrtägiges Event ::: wiederkehrendes Event

2 Seiten V   1 2 >  
Bookmark and Share Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 30.10.2009 Club Pompadour with GummiHz (mobilee), Pratersauna, Wien
Kalendereintrag

Löschen · Bearbeiten

Club Pompadour with GummiHz (mobilee) (öffentliches Ereignis)

Datum des Ereignisses: 30. 10. 2009 (Einmaliges Ereignis)
Club Pompadour with GummiHz (mobilee)
LineUP mainfloor:

GummiHz (mobilee - berlin)
Thomas Grün & Philipp Blecha
Crazy Sonic (FSP)

2nd floor hosted by residency "club series"

Makeedo (residency / resident R.I.P)
Fry (residency / do.phunk)
Specials/Infos - Gewinnspiel (siehe unten)
- www.myspace.com/clubpompadour
- www.myspace.com/alextsotsos
Entry
Styles
Location Pratersauna
Waldsteingartengasse 135
1020 Wien
Distance um die Entfernung zu berechnen bitte Postleitzahl in deinem Profil eingeben
Routenplaner Größere Kartenansicht/Routenplaner
Flyer
sonstiges Gewinnspiel:

2 x 2 Karten

www.myspace.com/makeedo
www.myspace.com/fryphunk

und die residency myspace seite:
www.myspace.com/club_residency

Wie es uns geht? Na ja, ähnlich ging es Ewan McGregor in Trainspotting als er auf Entzug war. Es sind bereits 5 Wochen vergangen seit dem letzten Club Pompadour und 2 haben wir noch vor uns. Zugegeben bei uns kriechen keine Freaks unter der Bettdecke hervor aber wir haben eine Brieffreundschaft mit dem Mann im Mond gestartet und das kann hier und da richtig beängstigend sein, hat der Typ doch sehr viel schräges da oben erlebt. So ganz nebenbei haben wir auch eine Vorliebe für Gyros entwickelt.

Apropos Gyros (um wieder zurück zum Thema zu kommen), der nächste Gast beim Pompadour ist ein Grieche und hört auf den witzigen Namen GummiHz. Alexander Tsotsos wie GummiHZ mit bürgerlichem Namen heißt, hat bereits in jungen Jahren klassischen Gitarrenunterricht genossen und terrorisierte regelmäßig die Nachbarn mit Punk & Co in Opas Garage bevor er seine große Liebe zur elektronischen Musik entdeckte. GummiHz zog nach London, machte die dortige Clubszene Unsicher, fing an aufzulegen und schließlich auch seine ersten Tracks zu produzieren. Seine Produktionen sind, groovy, hypnotisch, treibend und genau richtig für die dancefloors dieser Welt. Es dauerte auch nicht lange bis Anja Schneider auf ihn Aufmerksam wurde und er sich bei Mobilee einen Namen machte. Seine Dj Sets sind eine Gute Mischung aus minimalistischem treibendem Techno-, knackigen Houseklängen und ein klein wenig NY House der 90 er Jahre. Support kommt vom verrückten mit 3 Tages Bart, Crazy Sonic und wie immer von den beiden Pompadour Jungs, Philipp Blecha & Thomas Grün.

Weil wir diesmal echt viel Zeit hatten während wir auf die Briefe vom Mondmann warteten, haben wir uns für den 2 ten Floor was ganz besonders einfallen lassen. Dj Makeedo & Fry hosten das Glashaus mit ihrer Residency Reihe. Mellow Drum´n´Bass vom feinsten erwartet uns und bietet somit die Ideale Abwechslung zum Mainfloor. Und weil auch noch Halloween ist kommt der ERSTE der als Mann im Mond verkleidet auftaucht in den Genuss eines Freien Eintritts. Pomp up the Jam.

Zurück
mr.magenta
Beitrag 27 Aug 2009, 15:10
Beitrag #1

Hardcoreposter

Gruppe: Members
Mitglieds-Nr.: 11.457

interview mit gummihz vom apirl 2009 + dj set

gummihz dj mix

tracklist:
1. Mr V - The drum [Vega records]
2. Grand High Priest - Mixdown [Strictly rhythm]
3. GummiHz - You and me feat. Ruxandra [Mobilee]
4. Shlomi Aber - Efrat [Be as one]
5. Kenny Dope, Franck Roger - Untitled flow [Vega records]
6. Mark Henning - Moody bastard (Ed Davenport remix) [Soma]
7. Radioslave - Grindhouse (Danton Eeprom remix) [Rekids]
8. Guido Schneider, Jens Bond - Baccara [Highgrade]
9. Clara Moto - Sancy cat [InFine]
10. Gel Abril - Spells of yoruba [Be as one]
11. GummiHz - Under the sun [Mobilee]

(IMG:http://www.fwd.dj/files/imagecache/w580/images/artists/gummihz.jpg)

GummiHz the is moniker of one Alexander Tsotsos, a decisively Greek export recently transplanted to Berlin and one of the fresh faces making waves in the EDM production and DJing scene. Tsotsos is best known for his dedicated releases on Mobilee in addition to his ever clever and functional, heavily charted dance tunes.

Tell us about your evolution from a university student with a career path to a trail blazing techno producer. What inspired you to make the leap over the fence?

I am thankful for being given the opportunity to study at university, as it was a great challenge for me which also aided me in developing my personality. My real passion though since a kid is making music. So after i finished my studies i focused completely on developing my sound.

Your focus seems to be edged towards making highly functional dance floor tracks. What makes a perfect dance floor song? Is it a traditional but re-interpreted rhythmic structure…. emotion and atmosphere…. intelligent noise sequencing…?

I think that all the factors above can contribute to a good dancefloor track. Every musical style has a general structure and there are some rules to follow or bend. Also, in my opinion, its a matter of taste. If your taste matches with what the audience is looking for. Honestly, i dont believe there is a certain description on what makes a perfect dancefloor song. In my eyes the audience always appreciates honesty and originality. In other words, staying true to your ears.

What about Mobilee inspires you to make that label your home?

Well, in mobilee we function like a big family. We push each other creatively and there is a very good chemistry between our characters. Also the high level of professionalism from both Anja and Ralf in the administrative field really convinced me for making mobilee my "home" label. Its not everyday one finds this creative dynamic within a very organised label. This makes this platform very special for me.

What kind of hardware/software/sample packs do you use and recommend?

I use many different hardware and software for producing. My main production software is logic audio and i also draw a few sounds out of hardware like the access virus TI polar synthesizer.

You have created both Mobilee "back to back" cds. Tell us about your process and the experience/intention behind these releases?

Compiling the Back to back vol.2 was a great challenge for me. My main intention was to present to the audience the different sides of the label's sound, as well as presenting formally my skills as a dj. The concept behind the back to back series is to present recent releases of the label as full compositions on one cd and within a mix in the second. So on the first disc you are introduced to the more musical side of the label, including full unmixed tracks with strong melodic arrangements. Whereas on the second disc, my mix focuses on the pure functionality of the label's sound on the dancefloor.

What is your social philosophy behind your DJ performances. Are you looking to just create a fun experience or are you aiming for something deeper?

Well, people go out to clubs to enjoy themselves. Then, in my opinion, its up to the dj to turn this outing to something special. My intention is to build the atmosphere within a room, to initiate an exchange of energy between the audience and myself. It feels like charging them with every mix,while receiving their response for the next one.

Do you have any opinions on things that could stand to change about the dance underground? What are your biggest peeves and what would make the dance community stronger?

A community gets stronger as it grows. I feel that people should have their ears open for fresh talent and not only follow the trends. After all, it is fresh ideas which cross over to the mainstream that create these trends.

Have you been charted by any of your musical idols? If so how was that experience for you and what lofty goals do you have next in line?

It is always of great satisfaction to see people who inspire me chart or license my music. When i finish a track i like to make predictions on who it would apply for. I must say up to now they have been quite precise. Next in line are a few ideas for the future, such as performing a limited series of live performances.

What does the rest of 2008/early 2009 hold for you?

I am currently in talks on a new release and a remix for a good friend of mine, but i dont want to spoil the surprise......

Do you have any comments about this exclusive mix for the FWD.dj listeners?

I hope your listeners will enjoy the mix and that it will be an invitation to my shows.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mr.magenta
Beitrag 28 Aug 2009, 10:16
Beitrag #2

Hardcoreposter

GummiHz new Ep

GummiHz - High on percussion PROMO!!!
A 12" on Franck Roger's Earthrumental music is about to hit the stores on the 24th of August. For those who can't wait for the vinyl release click here to check the promo. In titles:

GummiHz - High on percussion EM016
Format: 12", mp3

A1. High on percussion
A2. High on beats
B1. East from Savanna
B2. East from beats

+Quote Post
mr.magenta
Beitrag 8 Sep 2009, 21:15
Beitrag #3

Hardcoreposter

in love with

+Quote Post
mr.magenta
Beitrag 25 Sep 2009, 12:13
Beitrag #4

Hardcoreposter

Crazy Sonic (FSP) Adabei.

und hie noch ein sehr aktueller dj mix vom gummi
einfach auf das lautsprechersymbol bei music/livemixes draufklicken

gummihz - september 09

+Quote Post
discomaster
Beitrag 25 Sep 2009, 12:21
Beitrag #5

serial thrilla

Mitglieds-Nr.: 8.862

geiler act! die hypnotize is ne wahnsinns nummer!

+Quote Post
Neo
Beitrag 27 Sep 2009, 22:04
Beitrag #6

schnuffi

Gruppe: tb te@m
Mitglieds-Nr.: 237

flyer vorderseite

Der Beitrag wurde von Neo bearbeitet: 27 Sep 2009, 22:17
Angehängte Datei(en)
Angehängte Datei  cp_gummmifront.jpg ( 144.43KB ) Anzahl der Downloads: 14

+Quote Post
mr.magenta
Beitrag 5 Oct 2009, 16:03
Beitrag #7

Hardcoreposter

2nd floor hosted by residency "club series"

Makeedo (residency / resident R.I.P)
Fry (residency / do.phunk)

www.myspace.com/makeedo
www.myspace.com/fryphunk

und die residency myspace seite:
www.myspace.com/club_residency

wo es auch ein set von makeedo gibt, sehr empfehlenswert

+Quote Post
mr.magenta
Beitrag 7 Oct 2009, 13:12
Beitrag #8

Hardcoreposter

GummiHz Releases Sleepless Nights Double EP
It's been a while since we've heard any releases from our man GummiHz but come October he will release a two-part EP series on mobilee entitled Sleepless Nights. A double 12" package released in two parts, the vinyl will contain five tracks and will also be available as a nine-track digital bundle with four bonus tracks. Alternatingly retro and futuristic, this double EP series is a portrait of GummiHz as an artist from a variety of angles, which we've only seen fragments of up until now.

und hier der soundcloud link mit allen tracks in fast voller länge zum anhören:

GummiHZ Sleeples Nights EP

Der Beitrag wurde von mr.magenta bearbeitet: 7 Oct 2009, 13:13

+Quote Post
mr.magenta
Beitrag 8 Oct 2009, 11:43
Beitrag #9

Hardcoreposter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hier könnte ein seltsamer Pressetext stehen, doch leider ist die Muse beim Oktoberfest abgestürtzt. Erholungsphase bereits eingeleitet. Sie ist bald wieder im Amt und dann küsst sie uns bestimmt, versprochen!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Thomas.Grün
Beitrag 8 Oct 2009, 12:28
Beitrag #10

kärntna kas'nockn

Mitglieds-Nr.: 1.660

GummiHz ist ein sehr breitgefächerter Dj - man kann sich auf eine Reise gefasst machen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/music.gif)

+Quote Post
mr.magenta
Beitrag 8 Oct 2009, 15:09
Beitrag #11

Hardcoreposter

ein cmyksches spektrum quasi

gummihz september & oktober 09 podcast

enjoy music

+Quote Post
mr.key
Beitrag 14 Oct 2009, 19:50
Beitrag #12

Mitglieds-Nr.: 11.533

ZITAT(mr.magenta @ 7 Oct 2009, 13:12 ) *
GummiHz Releases Sleepless Nights Double EP
It's been a while since we've heard any releases from our man GummiHz but come October he will release a two-part EP series on mobilee entitled Sleepless Nights. A double 12" package released in two parts, the vinyl will contain five tracks and will also be available as a nine-track digital bundle with four bonus tracks. Alternatingly retro and futuristic, this double EP series is a portrait of GummiHz as an artist from a variety of angles, which we've only seen fragments of up until now.

und hier der soundcloud link mit allen tracks in fast voller länge zum anhören:

GummiHZ Sleeples Nights EP

Great!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/music.gif) !!!
(IMG:http://mobilee-records.de/images/405.jpg)

+Quote Post
mr.magenta
Beitrag 17 Oct 2009, 14:57
Beitrag #13

Hardcoreposter

gummi nimmt den zauberstab mit am 30. und dann gibts kein halten mehr
Angehängte Datei(en)
Angehängte Datei  presspic_gummidirigent.jpg ( 52.79KB ) Anzahl der Downloads: 8
Angehängte Datei  presspic_gummi.jpg ( 69.04KB ) Anzahl der Downloads: 7

+Quote Post
madamejuly
Beitrag 18 Oct 2009, 20:35
Beitrag #14

Gruppe: MemberS
Mitglieds-Nr.: 11.196

super act, freu mich schon!!!

+Quote Post
mr.key
Beitrag 20 Oct 2009, 10:51
Beitrag #15

pressetext:

Wie es uns geht? Na ja, ähnlich ging es Ewan McGregor in Trainspotting als er auf Entzug war. Es sind bereits 5 Wochen vergangen seit dem letzten Club Pompadour und 2 haben wir noch vor uns. Zugegeben bei uns kriechen keine Freaks unter der Bettdecke hervor aber wir haben eine Brieffreundschaft mit dem Mann im Mond gestartet und das kann hier und da richtig beängstigend sein, hat der Typ doch sehr viel schräges da oben erlebt. So ganz nebenbei haben wir auch eine Vorliebe für Gyros entwickelt.

Apropos Gyros (um wieder zurück zum Thema zu kommen), der nächste Gast beim Pompadour ist ein Grieche und hört auf den witzigen Namen GummiHz. Alexander Tsotsos wie GummiHZ mit bürgerlichem Namen heißt, hat bereits in jungen Jahren klassischen Gitarrenunterricht genossen und terrorisierte regelmäßig die Nachbarn mit Punk & Co in Opas Garage bevor er seine große Liebe zur elektronischen Musik entdeckte. GummiHz zog nach London, machte die dortige Clubszene Unsicher, fing an aufzulegen und schließlich auch seine ersten Tracks zu produzieren. Seine Produktionen sind, groovy, hypnotisch, treibend und genau richtig für die dancefloors dieser Welt. Es dauerte auch nicht lange bis Anja Schneider auf ihn Aufmerksam wurde und er sich bei Mobilee einen Namen machte. Seine Dj Sets sind eine Gute Mischung aus minimalistischem treibendem Techno-, knackigen Houseklängen und ein klein wenig NY House der 90 er Jahre. Support kommt vom verrückten mit 3 Tages Bart, Crazy Sonic und wie immer von den beiden Pompadour Jungs, Philipp Blecha & Thomas Grün.

Weil wir diesmal echt viel Zeit hatten während wir auf die Briefe vom Mondmann warteten, haben wir uns für den 2 ten Floor was ganz besonders einfallen lassen. Dj Makeedo & Fry hosten das Glashaus mit ihrer Residency Reihe. Mellow Drum´n´Bass vom feinsten erwartet uns und bietet somit die Ideale Abwechslung zum Mainfloor. Und weil auch noch Halloween ist kommt der ERSTE der als Mann im Mond verkleidet auftaucht in den Genuss eines Freien Eintritts. Pomp up the Jam.

Mail für die "Nie ohne Gummi - Liste" (€8,- statt €10,- Abendkassa) mit vollständigem Namen bis spätestens 30.10.09 15Uhr an club [email protected].

Maximal 2 Namen pro Mail!

Bestätigungsemail abwarten, bzw. sollte das Kontigent erschöpft sein, eine "leider nein" email!

Der Beitrag wurde von Neo bearbeitet: 20 Oct 2009, 11:38

+Quote Post
Neo
Beitrag 20 Oct 2009, 12:26
Beitrag #16

schnuffi

Gruppe: tb te@m
Mitglieds-Nr.: 237

Gewinnspiel:

2 x 2 Karten

+Quote Post
mr.magenta
Beitrag 20 Oct 2009, 21:34
Beitrag #17

Hardcoreposter

das böse ist immer und überall

Club Pompadour on Twitter

Club Pompadour on Facebook

Der Beitrag wurde von mr.magenta bearbeitet: 20 Oct 2009, 21:35

+Quote Post
mr.magenta
Beitrag 21 Oct 2009, 18:08
Beitrag #18

Hardcoreposter

five Questions with GummiHz

This is the second time you have worked with a vocalist for your tracks on mobilee. Can you tell us a bit about the incredible voices of Emena and Malena?

It was one of my aims to have a couple of songs with vocals, each one in a different direction. So I spent some time looking for singers and met up with Malena Perez. Malena is a very sweet person and a creative singer. She has worked with a few producers on different musical styles and it was very exciting to see how experienced she is in using her voice as an instrument. It didn't take us a long time to record the right voice, as she is very professional in her art. Emena is an alter ego I am using for the first time in a track, quite a sensitive guy I must say! (laughs) I had initially recorded the vocal myself as a draft for a singer to listen to and work on, but I ended keeping it instead. The emotion in the voice is strong and it's under heavy "make up". It really captures the right feeling for the song.

How much effort does it take to use your own voice - have you had any singing experience before? How do the closest people around you (family and friends) react to you singing?

I think it really depends on how one can feel the mood and energy of a song. Having a good voice to sing and really making a song your own are miles apart. I noticed that character and attitude also play a very important role in finding a good vocalist. Singing is a very intimate form of expression and I must say it's something I enjoy doing at times. I haven't had any special training, I just have a passion to express myself and reach out. It's not something I do often, I only sing in the studio rarely and sing over favourite songs at home. It's quite funny that I played one of the tracks with my voice to friends and a few people asked me about the singer. When I told them about it they where quite surprised. I must say I am very curious to see how people will respond, as it's the first time I have used my voice for a song.

Did you write the lyrics by yourself? 'Love Call' tells a story that everyone who has been in a relationship before knows about - how much autobiographical truth is there in these lyrics and if they are very personal to you, is it strange to see how people react to them?

Yes, I remember recording the vocal first and then playing it over to write down the lyrics so I could remember them. It was during a sensitive period in my life when I was quite charged emotionally and really needed to release this energy through a song. I am interested to see if people can connect with the song. Can you understand what "Love Call" is about?! (laughs)

In the past, there have been very specific GummiHz stylistic traits in your music ('Gummi moments!') - amongst these were special hypnotic, elastic and percussive vibes. How do you think your style has changed and how do you think you have developed as an artist - especially with this album?

As a person I am influenced by various music styles. Especially within dance music. I have always been listening to different sorts of house and techno. I feel I am more experienced now having produced a few records, in putting an idea in the right context and really developing my production method. I always try to be honest to my ears and produce what I would like to listen to in record stores and clubs. It's my own translation of modern dance music, sometimes more techno and sometimes more house. In my eyes it's important to be diverse and to manage to deliver to your audience and try to reach out to more. On top of this, I don't want people to be able to predict how a Gummihz record will sound. Only partly, as there has to be some surprise to it also.

Are you planning on performing live in the near future and do you think you could sing in these live shows in front of lots of people?

Performing live is an attractive idea I have had for some time, but my passion for djing is and always has been more intense. I find the dj performance more suitable for me as I can be even more diverse than if I was only working with the directions of my own music. I have some experience, as I have performed live on a couple of special occasions in the past, but the turntables are my favourite tools for performing. Maybe in the future and under the right circumstances I will explore this side of performing more or even make a few special live appearances to promote the album. We'll have to wait and see.

GummiHZ Mobilee Podcast 011

+Quote Post
Techno Base
Beitrag 23 Oct 2009, 17:56
Beitrag #19

Hardcoreposter

Mitglieds-Nr.: 3.369

2x2 Freikarten

=> Techno Base

+Quote Post
mr.key
Beitrag 26 Oct 2009, 11:40
Beitrag #20

Jeah Gummihupfen this friday mit fetter neuer Soundanlage von turbosound am neuen main!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/music.gif)

+Quote Post
« Vorhergehendes Thema · Wien · Folgendes Thema »

Bookmark and Share

2 Seiten V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 Besucher lesen dieses Thema (Gäste: 2 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
0 Mitglieder:

- Vereinfachte Darstellung Aktuelles Datum: 28. April 2024 - 21:59

Copyright 2001 - 2014 technoboard.at
Die Texte geben die Meinung der Autoren und nicht unbedingt die des technoboard.at Teams wieder.
Alle fraglichen Inhalte werden auf Anfrage und alle gegen die BoardRegeln verstossenden Einträge automatisch entfernt (sobald sie bemerkt werden).
Kontakt: [email protected]

connected by: