technoboardLogo

Willkommen, Gast ( Anmelden | Registrierung )

Bookmark and Share Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [FOEM] [strnl001] Roderick Fox ?Splendid? incl remixes by James Nideck
TB-team
Beitrag 15 Jun 2009, 20:32
Beitrag #1

der sheriff

Gruppe: tb te@m
Mitglieds-Nr.: 148

Yes we’ve launched a net label with some deeper stuff and it’s free to download for everyone! Kicking it off with a minimal/ tech-house track by Roderick Fox entitled “Splendid” with a tech-ed up remix by Stefanowitz and a pumping fire cracker remix by James Nidecker. Let us know if you support the release, we love your quotes (IMG:http://blog.foem.info/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif)

Go to www.myspace.com/stromrecordings to download the releases.

Roderick Fox “Splendid” [strnl001]
1) Splendid (original mix) (320k)
2) Splendid (Nidecker remix) (320k)
3) Splendid (Stefanowitz remix) (320k)

REVIEW BY RUSSELL SIMMONS (I-DJ mag / This Is Why We Dance):
“After dissing minimal techno a few posts back I thought it’d be nice and hypocritical to then go ahead and enthuse about some here. “Do I contradict myself?/Very well then I contradict myself/I am large, I contain contradictions”*

The best minimal was never really a genre in its own right in my book? and so it is here. Over the three mixes, what you basically have is bouncy, slightly wonkified deep house (Original Mix), deep techno (Nidecker Mix) and mellow, tech-y prog (Stefanowitz Mix). I’m feeling the Original Mix the most, unsurprisingly, but Nidecker’s mix is pretty fine too.

What you DON’T have is wanky self-indulgent post-IDM ‘electronica’ thoroughly devoid of melody and funk, and full instead of nasty grating synth noises repeated at 11-second intervals for the next six minutes. THAT’S the kind of minimal I was slating before. Just so’s we’re clear.

Oh, and the really good news? The track is free to download! Hurray! So go grab it from the Strom site here.”

Russell Simmons is an editor for I-DJ magazine and has his own blog This Is Why We Dance.

Click here to go to Russell’s blog

*That’s from Song Of Myself by Walt Whitman, don’t you know? Come for the house reviews, stay for the American 19th Century epic poetry.

View the full article
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
« Vorhergehendes Thema · Network News · Folgendes Thema »

Bookmark and Share

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 Besucher lesen dieses Thema (Gäste: 2 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
0 Mitglieder:

- Vereinfachte Darstellung Aktuelles Datum: 20. May 2024 - 01:53

Copyright 2001 - 2014 technoboard.at
Die Texte geben die Meinung der Autoren und nicht unbedingt die des technoboard.at Teams wieder.
Alle fraglichen Inhalte werden auf Anfrage und alle gegen die BoardRegeln verstossenden Einträge automatisch entfernt (sobald sie bemerkt werden).
Kontakt: [email protected]

connected by: