technoboardLogo

Willkommen, Gast ( Anmelden | Registrierung )

> neues Event eintragen

um ein neues Event einzutragen bitte einen dieser Links verwenden:
eintägiges Event ::: mehrtägiges Event ::: wiederkehrendes Event

Bookmark and Share Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 04.10.2008 Sophisticated with Ian Pooley, Sass, Wien
Kalendereintrag

Sophisticated with Ian Pooley (öffentliches Ereignis)

Datum des Ereignisses: 4. 10. 2008 (Einmaliges Ereignis)
Sophisticated with Ian Pooley
LineUP Ian Pooley (Pooled Music - Ministry of Sound - Force Inc. - NRK)
Steve Sass (Sass Music)
Simonlebon (Whare - Tjumy Records - Sass Music)
Specials/Infos VVK Tickets ab September im Sass bzw. im Büro erhältlich.
Achtung limitierte Ticketanzahl!
Entry TBA
Styles disco, house, techno, electro, freestyle
Location Sass
Karlsplatz 1
1010 Wien
Distance um die Entfernung zu berechnen bitte Postleitzahl in deinem Profil eingeben
Routenplaner Größere Kartenansicht/Routenplaner
Flyer
sonstiges Ian Pooley – In Other Words out now on Ministry of Sound

Housemusic for Today
Ian Pooley is a master of deceleration. Once asked in an interview about his plans for the future he opted for being a fisherman on a Croatian island. What shines through is his ability to keep his cool. "I'm not interested in braggin' about producing four tracks in two days" he explains. „Of course it's technically possible but not satisfying for me." As passionate producer and musician, he prefers to take his time for skilful arrangements. Much time, in truth. His album 'Souvenirs', Pooley's latest comment on electronic music and follow up to his album "Since Then" which sold 100.000 units, was released in summer 2004. And four years are an eternity within our fast living time. „I love to create complex sounds and songs" he elaborates. "And I've found out that a great track takes its time." But as much requested international top dj, he also finds himself at the centre of a hectic club scene, pushed between the clubs of Milano, Kiev and Miami. Still he knows how to adapt and profits from the changing scenes, as open-mindedness is key to his musical approach. Extensive studio work and rapid dj trips are the opposing forces of his life.

In spring 2006, Pooley left his home town Mainz, his base camp for 15 years of highly successful music productions and DJ activities. „I used to enjoy my reclusive life in Mainz especially after returning from a series of international DJ gigs. But when the local scene deflated, I began to miss the creative exchange with fellow musicians." The solution to this inspirational trap was his decision to move to Berlin, a trip into the unknown which soon turned into something good. „Recording the new album brought back the fun I used to have" he reveals with a smile. "Currently I'm reviewing my schedule and try to reduce my bookings elsewhere in favour of a local residency and the opportunity to spend more time in my studio."

Asked about the influence of Berlin he concedes that nothing much so far has sedimented in his personal view although some colleagues wouldn't agree. He claims that he rather focused on exploring of how much he would get from his vintage drum machines and sound effect gadgets. "The vibe", he says, rather goes back to my 'Meridian' album of 1998". Still it feels like a great concept of house music for today.

Ian Pooley's album 'In Other Words' examines the changing forces of techno and house but clearly manifests his own voice among all the diverse tongues of electronic music. A journey of songs cutting through a complex soundscape – covering ground from the compelling summer hymn „Piha" to NuDisco bomb „Heaven". All in all, the 14 tracks range between the atmospheric, deep and exuberant. His „Intro" as well as his „Blue Interlude" serve as an oasis within a sparkling masterpiece. The true beginning marks "5 a.m.", a hymn where Brazilian-style percussions are getting more and more unleashed, embedded by ever-changing soundscapes. „It´s You" draws its power from Pooley's versatile beats together with smooth vocals and jazzy blue notes. amazing in its elegance and airiness.

Guest appearances on 'In Other Words' are as programmtic as frugal. The first calling summons up Chicago house veteran Robert Owens who (in best Fingers Inc tradition) turns „Learn" into a lascivious electro chanson. Then there is Tim Fuller who adds his spheric falsetto to „What I got". And of course, there is Ulf Kleiner aka Perry Colo (a long-standing companion of Ian Pooley) who delivers some wicked organ sounds. Towards the album's end, the tracks once again take on a funky vibe with a hunch for powerful samba sounds. The rhythmically loaded „Closer" ties perfectly up to the preceding offerings and presents itself as the climax of the album.

'In Other Words' proves how adept and adaptable a musician Ian Pooley is. He manages to sound as deep as progressive, as atmospheric as compelling. The album continues his legacy but also refreshes your mind. A tight and convincing effort.

http://www.ianpooley.com
http://www.myspace.com/therealianpooley
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ian+Pooley
Zurück
simonlebon
Beitrag 9 Aug 2008, 13:07
Beitrag #1

Rhythm Slave

Gruppe: Members
Mitglieds-Nr.: 1.656

@ admin: bitte termin auf 4.10. ändern, danke!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phylx
Beitrag 9 Aug 2008, 13:59
Beitrag #2

Mitglieds-Nr.: 7.528

das nenn ich mal ein fettes booking... ian pooley > grenzgenial der typ. der neue stuff is wahnsinn. fix dabei. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/satisfied.gif)

+Quote Post
fakeschlange
Beitrag 11 Aug 2008, 11:58
Beitrag #3

Hardcoreposter

Mitglieds-Nr.: 76

hell yeah!

+Quote Post
simonlebon
Beitrag 21 Sep 2008, 20:11
Beitrag #4

Rhythm Slave

VVK Karten zu 10.- Euro pro Stück gibt es ab sofort im Sass an der Garderobe bzw. im Büro im Huas Karlsplatz 1.

Hier ein paar videos auf youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6pUkrab8AU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnTXWmWCI18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM_iBv_iVAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co71Ji1pxRE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhXEjcgcLk8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkEd3jcTEcw

Der Beitrag wurde von simonlebon bearbeitet: 21 Sep 2008, 20:17

+Quote Post
simonlebon
Beitrag 21 Sep 2008, 20:25
Beitrag #5

Rhythm Slave

und ian pooley´s aktuelle charts:

01 // Life goes on // by Soundstream // Soundstream 04
02 // Neues Testament // by Roman IV // playhouse
03 // The Secret // by Lee Jones // aus records
04 // Bambou // by Sebastian Leger // mistakes music
05 // No Idea // by Dale Anderson // urbantorque
06 // Change you (Shur-I-Kan Rmx) // by Motorcitysoul // simple records
07 // What i got (Derrick Carter Mixes) // by Ian Pooley // pooledmusic
08 // Caprica Burning // by Chymera // connaisseur
09 // Time against me // by Office Gossip // urbantorque
10 // Outbreak // by DJ T // get physical

+Quote Post
simonlebon
Beitrag 28 Sep 2008, 22:03
Beitrag #6

Rhythm Slave

Am Dienstag den 30.9. wird in High Spirits auf FM4 ein Paket mit neuem Ian Pooley Album, 2 Freitickets und 2 Gratis Cocktails verlost. Dasselbe Paket gibts auch am Samstag Nachmittag auf Superfly zu gewinnen.
Weiters wird Ian von am Samstag von 21h - 22h ein Interview auf Play FM geben und ein Dj Set spielen.

+Quote Post
Undead
Beitrag 29 Sep 2008, 08:51
Beitrag #7

Mitglieds-Nr.: 14.437

ZITAT(Phylx @ 9 Aug 2008, 14:59 ) *
das nenn ich mal ein fettes booking... ian pooley > grenzgenial der typ. der neue stuff is wahnsinn. fix dabei. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/satisfied.gif)

Die neueren Releases mag ich zwar nicht mehr so, aber wenn schon House, dann ist Pooley schon erste Wahl (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Dames Jean
Beitrag 30 Sep 2008, 10:25
Beitrag #8

Hansl

Mitglieds-Nr.: 1.855

ZITAT(simonlebon @ 21 Sep 2008, 21:25 ) *
und ian pooley´s aktuelle charts:

01 // Life goes on // by Soundstream // Soundstream 04

Es gibt eine neue Soundstream? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notify.gif)

Edit: super Platte..

Der Beitrag wurde von damesjean bearbeitet: 30 Sep 2008, 10:31

+Quote Post
Undead
Beitrag 30 Sep 2008, 10:30
Beitrag #9

Mitglieds-Nr.: 14.437

ZITAT(damesjean @ 30 Sep 2008, 11:25 ) *
Es gibt eine neue Soundstream? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notify.gif)

Ne, der Pooley lügt nur wie gedruckt. Was denkst du denn? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) http://www.discogs.com/release/1433650

+Quote Post
simonlebon
Beitrag 4 Oct 2008, 08:35
Beitrag #10

Rhythm Slave

Ian Pooley wird um ca. 1h - 1h30 beginnen und je nach lust und laune 2-3 stunden spielen

+Quote Post
Comante
Beitrag 4 Oct 2008, 17:12
Beitrag #11

Hardcoreposter

Mitglieds-Nr.: 454

Freu mich schon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
« Vorhergehendes Thema · Wien · Folgendes Thema »

Bookmark and Share

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 Besucher lesen dieses Thema (Gäste: 2 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
0 Mitglieder:

- Vereinfachte Darstellung Aktuelles Datum: 29. April 2024 - 15:32

Copyright 2001 - 2014 technoboard.at
Die Texte geben die Meinung der Autoren und nicht unbedingt die des technoboard.at Teams wieder.
Alle fraglichen Inhalte werden auf Anfrage und alle gegen die BoardRegeln verstossenden Einträge automatisch entfernt (sobald sie bemerkt werden).
Kontakt: [email protected]

connected by: