technoboardLogo

Willkommen, Gast ( Anmelden | Registrierung )

> neues Event eintragen

um ein neues Event einzutragen bitte einen dieser Links verwenden:
eintägiges Event ::: mehrtägiges Event ::: wiederkehrendes Event

Bookmark and Share Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 14.7.2007 Kosheen (UK)/ Colour Haze (D), Poolbar, Feldkirch
Kalendereintrag

Kosheen (öffentliches Ereignis)

Datum des Ereignisses: 14. 7. 2007 (Einmaliges Ereignis)
Kosheen (UK)/ Colour Haze (D)
LineUP Kosheen (UK)

Colour Haze (D)
Specials/Infos Veranstaltungsort: Poolbar
Stadt: Feldkirch
Land: Österreich
Entry 18
Styles
Location Poolbar (Altes Hallenbad)
Reichenfeldgasse 10
6800 Feldkirch
Distance um die Entfernung zu berechnen bitte Postleitzahl in deinem Profil eingeben
Routenplaner Größere Kartenansicht/Routenplaner
Flyer
sonstiges Once in a while, a band comes along that doesn't just ignore the rule book, but rewrites it. Since forming in the late 90's, Kosheen have proved that success doesn't have to come on someone else's terms. Fusing the plaintive, potent vocals of singer Sian Evans with the darkly intimate electronica of Darren Decoder and Markee Substance, Kosheen create songs where the sounds tell the story as much as the lyrics while the boundaries of genres are blurred and challenged. In 2003, individuality remains their calling card with their second stunning album, 'Kokopelli'. It takes the fearless, emotive blueprint of the band's debut, 'Resist', and couples it with Sian's more confident song writing, a heavier rock influence and the experience of playing live around the world. It is a natural progression, but a huge leap forward; confirmation that Kosheen are currently one of the UK's most exciting, experimental bands.

The foundations of this revolution were laid years earlier when music changed the lives of all three band members. Darren Decoder - aka Darren Beale - played and wrote music for years in various punk bands at school in Weston-Super-Mare, always recording their efforts and so developing a simultaneous interest in the production side. When he went to university in 1989, though, he realised something was missing.

"I was getting bored of the sound of the guitar," he remembers. "I was putting it through so many effects and pedals that it wasn't even sounding like a guitar any more anyway."

His salvation came in the form of a young Geoff Barrow, future founder of Portishead.

"When I met Geoff, he introduced me more to the electronic side of music. What he showed me with samplers and stuff just blew me away! I'd never seen that before."

Spellbound, Darren sold his guitar, bought an Atari and a sampler and never looked back.

"That was at the same time that the whole rave scene was going off which had a big impact on me as well. I loved Orbital and 808 State, so I started writing lots of electronica and got a deal really early. Then I used to write hardcore stuff for raves and then did some really ambient drum n' bass like LTJ Bukem before I started Djing at raves and parties with Markee in Bristol. I followed the whole path of electronica really."

Together, Darren and former Glaswegian indie kid Markee Substance created the seminal Ruffneck Ting club nights around Bristol and the South West. Raised on The Smiths, Echo and The Bunneymen and, later, Stone Roses and Happy Mondays, Markee became instrumental in the burgeoning drum n' bass scene.

"It literally was a few people in a pub with a couple of decks. It's been over ten years since that pub gig!"

http://www.myspace.com/kosheen1
Zurück
« Vorhergehendes Thema · Salzburg, Tirol, Vorarlberg · Folgendes Thema »

Bookmark and Share

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 Besucher lesen dieses Thema (Gäste: 2 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
0 Mitglieder:

- Vereinfachte Darstellung Aktuelles Datum: 29. April 2024 - 17:27

Copyright 2001 - 2014 technoboard.at
Die Texte geben die Meinung der Autoren und nicht unbedingt die des technoboard.at Teams wieder.
Alle fraglichen Inhalte werden auf Anfrage und alle gegen die BoardRegeln verstossenden Einträge automatisch entfernt (sobald sie bemerkt werden).
Kontakt: [email protected]

connected by: