technoboardLogo

Willkommen, Gast ( Anmelden | Registrierung )

Bookmark and Share Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bashing vs. Realität
Luminary
Beitrag 18 Dec 2006, 17:00
Beitrag #1

Eye-Q † 2002-2007

Gruppe: Members
Mitglieds-Nr.: 255

Ich finde ja das was Airwave so auf seiner HP schreibt immer recht lustig. Steckt viel Wahrheit, aber manchmal frage ich mich, ob das auch "nur" Profilierung ist.

ZITAT
The end

Welcome back my friends.  Thanks for coming here.

Nowadays I feel like it's the end of an era, although many of you haven't realised yet.

Last week saw me play in Amsterdam and Birmingham. I told you about this before.  Well, it went well for both of them, but honestly, I can see something happening slowly inside the clubscene.

It's finally imploding for your own good. In Amsterdam I had to play with many different artists.  Some of them were extremely friendly, many others, and for no reason, were arrogant babyfaced pricks. And you know what? This time the arrogant idiots haven't won with their behaviour. 

And good news, I don't feel like I'm the only one realizing there was something wrong... Many people I'm talking to, upcoming artists, but also fans, adopted a totally different behaviour, while many ego-trippers of yesterday are now respectful.  No icons, no rules, no label on our heads, we just like go with the flow, acting out of personal taste much more than ever before.

This mafia-ego-money-behaviour that was polluting and BRAKING the EDM scene has come to an end, probably, HOPEFULLY,  and you can't see me more happy than I am now because of that!!

We're about to live a HUGE decade for electronic music, although many of you cannot see it happen yet. With less money in the game, we will dare making something else, and putting it out just like it is without compromise has never been that easy thanks to digital releases!!

Artists play a key role in everyone's life, but we do NOT need icons, we need hardworkers sweating their A$$es in order to earn enough money for a decent living.  Or better, if you want to be an icon, well, DESERVE this status.

Icons will be my next topic dudes, as I'm EXTREMELY angry at the same time, but I'll keep it for tomorrow!!

byeeee

Laurent

Eine Thema welches hier schon mal angesprochen drehte sich um das Verhältnis Produzenten und DJ:
ZITAT
Welcome back...

So, my icon-bashing mode is on today.  There's another fight in the pipeline for me, for all of us.

You'll find this extremely harsh, but, this has been eating me too long.  I can't stand it anymore and must share this thought with you, although you might disagree, I take the risk to get bashed.

So many of you go to big events, watching the top 20 "deejays" spin the latest bootleg or tune no one has yet.

I see so many dj's around me, and they will be mad at me for saying that, hopefully they will understand, getting ALL of the fame for playing a record they haven't even composed and/or produced on their own, simply because they were the first ones playing it.

I see so many other dj's playing literally "safe" ALL THE TIME, braking the evolution and freedom in music making, this for bad reasons: fear of loosing a sponsorship, a deal with a promoter, some fans who didn't get it, this showing a huge lack of ambition, passion, and even of taste in some cases.

I see many of their faces posing on EVERY party flyer, EVERY poster, EVERY dj-oriented magazine.  All the same, clones, with the younger and unexperienced ones adopting EXACTLY the same behaviour, monkeys imitating muppets, because here's how you should do it, they say.

Worse, I've seen many dj's WHORING in order to play exclusive tracks from artists, IN ORDER TO GET ALL THE FAME OUT OF IT!! While the artists themselves just want to make some business out of it.

and now, the worst of it all: I saw many producers taking the DJ direction for bad reasons: "Because it pays the bills", "Because it's the only way for producers to get some fame" are the most redundant answers to this simple question...

W H Y ?

Why do artists need to make so much compromise in order to put some sound out, Why do the dj's need to get famous, why do they need  to get rich, leaving 80% of the artists for a bunch of junk?  Why do you need to see them rather than many other artists?  Why do people respect Dutch Trance dj's much more than turntablist bands really demonstrating an art on its own such as Birdy Nam Nam, or Cut killer?  Why have I never seen any tech or trance dj scratch in beat as much as my Swiss Friend Koris, or even Yves Deruyter? Why do we all need to get famous in fact, us artists, why are dj's the rockstars while they haven't touched a piano keyboard, why am I feeling like  the only one reconsidering every single thing I do, trying to change something for myself??

WHY THE F**K DO YOU NEED TO PLAY ON TURNTABLES TO GET FAMOUS WHEN YOU'VE SPENT 15 YEARS PLAYING INSTRUMENTS? WHY CAN'T WE SHOW OURSELVES JUST LIKE WE ARE (good and bad sides)???

Why do people need icons??  Really I would like to know your advice on this.  I've almost done the same mistake in the past, and believe me, I won't let this happen again.

It's an open question, to be honest.  I think you know my answer, and I can tell you I'm definitely looking for a solution for that DJ before Airwave in my url.  Be sure I will read your comments, e-mails regarding this, as it's extremely important.

But please, before any kind of comment, quote, whatever, consider this question in detail and ask yourself why?

Open yourself and feel free, guys.  I won't regret saying that either. I'm not doing this in order to get noticed, but much more because I DO care about you all, and abotu us in general.

You'll see how much in my next post.

Now it's time for a cool evening with my friends at our house, take care everyone, and see you tomorrow, as tomorrow's so much more important as today...

Love you all.

Laurent

Kennt jemand vergleichbares wo DJs, Produzenten mal "die Sau" raus lassen?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Delegoano
Beitrag 18 Dec 2006, 17:18
Beitrag #2

Delegoano

Gruppe: Members
Mitglieds-Nr.: 7.187

jo... technoboard.... aber da wird man schnell geschorscht... (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Zu den getätigten Aussagen:

Wie heißts so schön in der Gruppendynamik: Das gamma-tier (die nemesis des alphatiers) hat wesentlich höhere Chancen auf die alphatiernachfolge als der imitator (betatier)

Die klassische Spieltheorie hat für sportlich/strategische Wettkämpfe folgendes Prinzip: Die Strategie die zum Erfolg führt ist die des Siegers... also alle nachfolgenden müssen um möglichst erfolgreich zu sein so lange die Strategie des Führenden imitieren, bis diese Strategie an die erste Grenze stößt. Dann erst hat die nächste Variation in der Strategie eine Chance auf die führung.

Sprich, solange imitieren, bis der imitierte in die scheisse tritt, dann können alternative Strategien erst zum Erfolg führen. Und werden somit selbst wieder imitationstauglich.

Plagiarismus ist eine Strategie, Dynamik und Kunstform gleichermaßen.... siehe Coverversionen....(IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
« Vorhergehendes Thema · electronic music · Folgendes Thema »

Bookmark and Share

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 Besucher lesen dieses Thema (Gäste: 2 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
0 Mitglieder:

- Vereinfachte Darstellung Aktuelles Datum: 29. April 2024 - 19:08

Copyright 2001 - 2014 technoboard.at
Die Texte geben die Meinung der Autoren und nicht unbedingt die des technoboard.at Teams wieder.
Alle fraglichen Inhalte werden auf Anfrage und alle gegen die BoardRegeln verstossenden Einträge automatisch entfernt (sobald sie bemerkt werden).
Kontakt: [email protected]

connected by: