technoboardLogo

Willkommen, Gast ( Anmelden | Registrierung )

> neues Event eintragen

um ein neues Event einzutragen bitte einen dieser Links verwenden:
eintägiges Event ::: mehrtägiges Event ::: wiederkehrendes Event

3 Seiten V   1 2 3 >  
Bookmark and Share Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 03.02.2007 Kenny Larkin (Art of Dance) @ Flex, Flex, Wien
Kalendereintrag

Kenny Larkin@Flex/W (öffentliches Ereignis)

Datum des Ereignisses: 3. 2. 2007 (Einmaliges Ereignis)
Kenny Larkin (Art of Dance) @ Flex
LineUP Kenny Larkin (Art of Dance Detroit/Los Angeles)
Rudi Roschitz (shellbeach/ wien)
Gerwin Kante
Chris Esycho (Can`t mix won`t mix)
Specials/Infos - Gewinnspiel (siehe unten)
- Vvk @ Jugendinfo Wien (1799)
Entry VVK €10.-/ 22:30-23:00 €8.-/ €10.- bis Mitternacht/ €13.- danach
Styles k.A.
Location Flex
U2 - U4 Schottenring Donaukanal, Abgang Augartenbrücke
1010 Wien
Distance um die Entfernung zu berechnen bitte Postleitzahl in deinem Profil eingeben
Routenplaner Größere Kartenansicht/Routenplaner
Flyer
sonstiges Gewinnspiel:

2 x 2 Karten

Kenny Larkin on myspace
Flex

Kenny Larkin is one of the chief innovators of Detroit's so called 'second wave' of techno producers.

He began his music career in 1990. After serving two years in the U.S. Air Force repairing computers, Larkin returned to Detroit to pursue stand up comedy. During his pursuit, he, along with other Detroit club goers, witnessed the birth of a new genre of music at local clubs. What came to be called „Detroit Techno,‰ thumped in clubs like; The City Club, The Majestic Theatre, The Shelter, and the legendary Music Institute. The latter considered home base for the bumping, sultry, emotive, yet almost romantic style of club music that rose out of urban plight, desperation, and decay.

Larkin mostly frequented The Shelter, were he soon hooked up with Richie Hawtin, who was one of the club‚s resident dj‚s, and the two became good friends. While driving around the city at night, they stumbled onto a local Detroit radio mix show. The dj creating the mind-blowing mixes that changed both of their lives was none other Derrick May, or „Mayday,‰ his call-name on the radio. May along with others, inspired both Larkin, and Hawtin to pursue this new form of music.

When Hawtin formed +8 with John Acquaviva, Larkin released his first two singles. But, it wasn‚t until 1992, when he founded his own label, Art of Dance, that he came into his signature sound. Under his „Dark Comedy‰ moniker, Larkin created ŒWar of the Worlds,‚ which went on to become a seminal dance floor techno classic for Derrick May‚s Transmat Records, of which Larkin licensed the project to. After contributing the exquisitely beautiful and sublime tracks ŒSerena X‚ (under the name Yennek) for the compilation Panic in Detroit and 'Tedra' on the hugely innovative Virtual Sex (Buzz) compilation, Kenny was pushed to the forefront of techno's soulful elite.

In 1994, Larkin shrewdly carved out his own classic sound when he signed to Warp Records, and released his first album, entitled Azimuth. The album was hailed by European and U.S. press as one of the most original techno albums to date. A few quotes:

„Azimuth is one of the most imaginative and original techno albums yet.‰ MUSIC WEEK

„Delightful, pure Detroit-style techno. Melodic, emotive and, like so much great U.S. techno, almost jazz-like in places. Larkin is a man with his finger on the fast forward button of music‚s future.‰ SELECT

„A masterpiece. This LP of intelligent Detroit techno is an upcoming classic.‰ STREETSOUNDS

Street Sound magazine later voted Azimuth as one of the top 50 Techno CD‚s of all time.

Larkin‚s music career seemed very bright, but tragedy struck when on November 17, 1994, he almost lost his life after being shot in his suburban Detroit home by two unknown assailants. Luckily, the bullet missed vital organs, but it sliced through his lower abdomen. After 12 hours of surgery, Larkin was in critical condition, but pulled through. Hospitalised only for 6 days, Larkin began touring just two weeks after he was discharged from the hospital to support his new album, Metaphor, which was released on R&S Records in February of 1995. The release earned him more accolades as a leader in electronic music.

"This is electronic soul music, full of human feeling and warmth" MixMag

"A juxtaposition of polished classic Detroit and quirky jazz-inspired innovation". At times very minimal and ambient, other times well informed by house, Kenny's warm dance beats hit in just the right places at just the right time.‰ I-D

Metaphor was nominated for best electronic album of the year in Keyboard Magazine. In his hometown, Metro Times voted Larkin ŒBest Techno Artist of The Year‚ at it‚s yearly music awards.

Since the release of Azimuth, Larkin has travelled over 2 million miles around the globe, dj‚ing and playing live at the biggest Festivals in Europe, some which had him doing his electronic performance in front of as many as 25,000 fans.

In addition to his own productions, Larkin lent his melodic sensibilities to various artists. He has done remix work for Carl Craig, Inner City, Charm Farm, L.A. Synthesis, and most notably, Sade. Although a bootleg, the remix of ŒSurrender‚ sold 10,000 in 3 weeks. Apparently, Sade wasn‚t amused. Her attorney contacted Larkin and demanded they stop selling the single, or face litigation. Larkin agreed, and stopped distributing the single.

Larkin‚s remix for Charm Farm entitled, ŒSuperstar‚, shot up the charts in France, helping establish the band in Europe in the dance scene.

In 1997, Larkin released his first LP under his ŒDark Comedy‚ moniker. More striped down and minimal than his first two LP offerings, the project showed a darker side to his persona. ŒThe Bar‚, which was released as a single, was a favorite among techno‚s elite dj‚s, because of it‚s frenetic beats, and purposely rough, off edits.

After the release of this album, Larkin took a break from recording to keep up with his hectic dj schedule. Unfortunately, months turned to years. And he found himself losing motivation to releasing techno music. He explained when interviewed, „there‚s so much crap out being called techno, that I‚ve lost the desire to be associated with it anymore.‰

For the next few years, Larkin was content with dj‚ing, until 2001. That‚s when he decided to go back to his first love, stand up comedy. As a result of that decision, Larkin gave up the Œstate of the art‚ studio he built in the suburbs of Detroit, and moved to LA to pursue comedy full time. Although definitely not a seasoned professional yet, Larkin is performing his comedy in the biggest clubs in LA, the Laugh Factory being his preferred spot, which is paying off. He regularly showcases his act here, and is very close to securing a prized Œregular‚ spot at this this top club.

In 2002, after getting his comedy career off the ground, Larkin‚s desire to record music returned. With the new change of scenery and inspiration, Larkin began to record two albums at the same time. These would be his first projects in almost 8 years. The first completed album, Narcissist, was picked up by Peacefrog. Released in April, 2004, Larkin did what he always tried to do, which is go against the established perception of what techno should be. His signature sound still remains after such a long hiatus. Larkin has put focus more on mood, and melodies, instead of harsh, abrasive, non-melodic material that has defined techno for the last few years.

The second album Larkin completed late 2004, was under his Dark Comedy alias. This album took a huge departure from what others have come to expect from him. Instead of the stripped down production of his Œ7 Days‚ outing, he decided to go in a totally different direction.

„I felt it was imperative that I take my music in a totally different direction. There was nothing else I could do with Œtechno‚ to take my sound to the next level. For inspiration I decided to pay homage to my musical upbringing. I listened to a lot of blues, jazz, and funk. Once I turned to my past, it took me a split second to decide what type of album I wanted to do, and what direction I wanted to go with my Dark Comedy name. I‚m all about pushing myself, and trying different things with this group. In the end, it was very easy for me to record this album, because I stuck very close to my musical roots. My slant in this production is it has an electronic edge to it. It‚s my version of an electronic blues/funk/jazz album. For the first time, I‚m using my voice to weave stories about my life. What I‚ve been through,‰ Larkin states.

Upon hearing the album, record companies big and small lined up to sign it. Among the interested parties, Dan Keeling, A&R at Parlaphone/EMI UK, who discovered and signed Coldplay. Larkin decided to sign the album to a smaller label, in order to get as much attention as possible for this totally different genre-bending album. Poussez, a French label headed by Alain Ho (DJ Yellow) from Yellow Productions/France, convinced Larkin that they could provide what Larkin was looking for. Larkin signed the album, entitled: Dark Comedy: 'Music Saves My Soul.' The album was released June 2005 to much critical success. The reviews were pretty much the same. It placed Larkin in a genre of his own. The press applauded him for bending his genre, and pushing himself into a different realm altogether. Quotes:

DJ Magazine May/05

"File under spoken word and you'd learn something. Stick it with house and it sits perfectly. Add to the list of genre-bending producers out there and Dark Comedy, aka Kenny Larkin, stands tall. This is a journeyman's album but don't misconceive his meaning....

...This is a sparse concept album, if such a thing exists. Larkin leads through the life he's lead courtesy of some honest to the bones lyrics and raps, and a soulful yet techno-tinged groove. It's Detroit, it's maverick and at times it's close to genius. Get touched." **** stars

Urb Magazine 12/04

"...this album under his Dark Comedy moniker, has a lot of newer ideas at the fore. Loosely themed around a set of dirty funk vocal samples, each track has it's own case of machine blues...it's nice to see Larkin not just maintaining the gold standard for Detroit Electronic music, but actually giving it a little push." ****stars

Plug Magazine July/05

"Detroit's maverick techno interpreter Kenny Larkin returns as his alter-self Dark Comedy with his most impressive and experimental release to date. He taps into his soulful side that explores a bewildering array of sounds from bluegrass to electro to melodius techno funk. A nine course meal for the ears." 9/10

DMC Update June /05

"Kenny Larkin's latest long player uses all manner of aliases, but remains all his own work. Early on there is a strong spirituality in his blend of house and techno, Larkin providing some deeply felt spoken word commentary, without ever being too pretentious. Later he goes for even deeper vibes, the subtle bass line funk driving tracks like 'Tellin' Lie' towards the dance floor. The daring cover gives this one away-Larkin naked as the day he was born (steady girls!) The same thing happens mentally on the album though-stripped bare, it's a compelling, personal record." *****stars

ABC 5 stars (The arts, books & culture magazine from the Independent on Sunday) 6/05

"Kenny Larkin's new album as Dark Comedy isn't quite like anything else he's produced. Nor is it much like the music anyone else is making, though it has precedents in albums by his fellow Detroit techno legend Moodymann or St. Germain. it also extrapolates from the history of Black American music up to Rock'n'Roll, and amazingly, show how makes gospel, soul, funk, jazz, and particularly the blues, all sound like they were invented to be played on a computer and yoked to a 4/4 house beat. He reveals his previously unsuspected vocal talents and sense of humor, and it's a mildly irreverent but still wholly soulful revision of past black American musical forms." *****stars

Mojo Magazine Aug/05

"An alias of second-generation Detroit techno producer Kenny Larkin, Dark Comedy attempts to escape digital orthodoxy by searching for inspiration in a very different place: the blues. The result may be peculiar, but it's certainly original. Scratchy electric guitars and testifying preacher men are hacked, processed and amalgamated with low-down house rhythms amid joyous irreverence and a real sense of passion." ***stars

BlowBack Magazine June/05

"America is a funny old place isn‚t it? Idiots who use to be in the Mickey Mouse Club get elevated to the level of pop star whilst real trendsetters proper founding fathers, get sidelined. In such isolation-past drugs, post fame-paranoia kicks in. Add the fact that Kenny Larkin was shot on his door step for no reason and you get the full picture. There is a creeping sense of anger and insanity in this album. also an attempt to reconnect to the blues via his own dance medium. Larkin falls back on music for comfort and brings up other ghosts too whilst the nightmares have twisted his sound. It's not funny, it's traveled. Musical catharsis at it's most poignant."

M8 Magazine June/05

"The ever inventive Kenny Larkin returns in his dark comedy guise with an album that does it's very best to blur the lines between techno, house and soul. The Detroit-based producer has been creating and playing music since 1992, drawing on countless influences to push genre boundaries as far as they'll go. And it's business as usual on 'Funk Faker' with Kenny putting his multitude of talents to good use. His rich vocals, warm grooves and cheeky tweaks combine to perfection on the likes of album opener 'House Music', the blues-infused 'In my Home' and and twangy guitar-laden 'Music Saves My Soul'. Far more stylish than your average electronic outing, 'Funk Faker' is unlikely to fill many floors, but it'll sit happily in the CD drawer of your stereo for months to come." 7 out of 8

E-DJ (website)

"Dark Comedy is the incisive, opinionated alter ego of maverick techno personality, Kenny Larkin, and 'Funk Faker: Music Saves My Soul' is only its second outing after 2004's 'The Narcissist'. Within, Larkin explores not only his musicality, but also his life experiences and his beliefs, making for a truly poignant narrative and diverse mixture of sounds. Undoubtedly, its rudiments are thoroughly electronic, but Larkin builds upon this common style in a captivatingly unique, natural, almost crude way; cracking off that over refined electronic gloss in favor of a more wholesome glow. Furthermore, whilst the foundation of most tracks are a stiff, yet lazy, hypnotic 4/4 kick drum, the overall vibe is deep-rooted in soulful, African-American music, spanning bluegrass-infused beats, and bluesy, mournful, dubby house - each narrated colorfully by Larkin's smooth timbre. With its carefree organs, John Lee-Hooker guitars and James Brown horn stabs, this really is contemporary, black electronic music, which is not confined or shaped by a genre that can often be somewhat restrictive. Truly charming and coolly mesmerizing." *** ? stars

The beginning of 2006, Larkin started focusing on re-releasing his back catalog. Mid summer, Larkin is due to release another album under his Kenny Larkin moniker. This time he returns to his electronic dance roots, which will no question be hailed as his best dance floor album. Entitled, "Keys, Strings, Tambourines", it once again showcases Larkin's affinity for melodic structure, yet still keeping his heavy rhythmic beats close by to help educate the younger generation about why Detroit is still the place to turn for beautiful Techno.

DISCOGRAPHY

Kenny Larkin - We Shall Overcome (Plus 8, 1990)
Kenny Larkin - Integration EP (Plus 8, 1991)
Yennek - Serena X EP (Buzz, 1992)
Dark Comedy - War Of The Worlds (Art Of Dance, 1992)
Pod - Vanguard EP (Buzz, 1993)
Kenny Larkin - Azimuth (Warp, 1994)
Kenny Larkin - Maritime on Artificial Intelligence II (Warp, 1994)
Kenny Larkin - Catatonic (R & S, 1994)
Kenny Larkin - Metaphor (R & S, 1995)
Dark Comedy - The Bar (Elypsia, 1996)
Dark Comedy - Seven Days (Elypsia, 1997)
Dark Comedy - Plankton (Art of Dance, 1997)
Kenny Larkin - Ancient Beats (Peacefrog, 2004)
Kenny Larkin - Narcissist (Peacefrog, 2004)
Kenny Larkin - Let Me Think Private Pressing (Peacefrog, 2004)
Dark Comedy - Music Saves My Soul/Make It - (Poussez, 2004)
Dark Comedy - Funk Faker: Music Saves My Soul LP (Poussez, 2005)

Remixes

Naomi Daniels - Stars - I Ner Zon Sounds 1993
Inner City - Share My Life - 6 x 6 Records 1994
LA Synthesis - Agraphobia - Plink Plonk 1995
Inner City - Hiatus 6 x 6 Records 1995
Carl Craig - Science Fiction - Blanco Y Negro 1995
Silent Phase - Meditive Fusion - Transmat 1995
Slam - Dark Forces -Soma 1996
Charm Farm - Superstar - Mercury 1996
Eddie Fowlkes - Deep Pit - Sony Music Germany 1997
Underground Science - Reflected Plink Plonk 1997
Freq - Xirtam - Distance 1997
E Dancer - Pump The Move - Planet e 1998
Sade - Surrender Bootleg
Inner City- Good Life - KMS 2000
Zurück
simonlebon
Beitrag 3 Oct 2006, 10:39
Beitrag #1

Rhythm Slave

Gruppe: Members
Mitglieds-Nr.: 1.656

wow...endlich kommt der mann mal. vielleicht macht er ja auch eine kurze stand up comedy einlage..(IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chriskeepsdiggin...
Beitrag 3 Oct 2006, 10:39
Beitrag #2

It is what it is!

Mitglieds-Nr.: 344

Pic
Angehängte Datei(en)
Angehängte Datei  _U5M4910BW.jpg ( 617.58KB ) Anzahl der Downloads: 0

+Quote Post
Elektronyker
Beitrag 3 Oct 2006, 10:56
Beitrag #3

i bin's

Mitglieds-Nr.: 44

boah! kenny larkin. geil!!!!

+Quote Post
flocys
Beitrag 3 Oct 2006, 12:32
Beitrag #4

Mitglieds-Nr.: 4.019

yes kenny larkin ist super fein!ich glaub der war auch noch nicht in wien.
aber warum crazy sonic da auflegt kann ich nicht ganz verstehen!
passt irgendwie nicht zum rest des abends

+Quote Post
Chriskeepsdiggin...
Beitrag 3 Oct 2006, 12:47
Beitrag #5

It is what it is!

ZITAT(flocys @ 3. Oct 2006, 11:32 )
yes kenny larkin ist super fein!ich glaub der war auch noch nicht in wien.

Kenny war bereits einmal vor langen Jahren in Wien, im Rahmen eines Auftritts auf dem Biosphere (lang is her....).

+Quote Post
fakeschlange
Beitrag 3 Oct 2006, 13:10
Beitrag #6

Hardcoreposter

Mitglieds-Nr.: 76

sehr schön dass das was geworden ist! solche lebenden legenden sieht man nicht alle tage, daher PFLICHTTERMIN! (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

+Quote Post
Chriskeepsdiggin...
Beitrag 12 Oct 2006, 16:54
Beitrag #7

It is what it is!

Wer übrigens seinen Hunger auf Kenny Larkin DJ Mixes vorab schon stillen möchte - check out Kenny Larkin DJ Mixes on Art of Dance

For those who know!

Der Beitrag wurde von Chrise bearbeitet: 13 Oct 2006, 13:08

+Quote Post
sweet r.
Beitrag 12 Oct 2006, 17:02
Beitrag #8

Mitglieds-Nr.: 5.191

*mitoffenemmundweitertippe*

hätte ich schon 2007er kalender, wäre wohl einer der ersten termine die ich eintragen würde... (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/xmas.gif)

+Quote Post
mehmet acuma
Beitrag 12 Oct 2006, 17:58
Beitrag #9

Mitglieds-Nr.: 5.169

!!!!!!EXTREM FETTES BOOKING!!!!!

+Quote Post
rosch
Beitrag 30 Nov 2006, 14:07
Beitrag #10

Dienstmann

Gruppe: tb te@m
Mitglieds-Nr.: 5

ist eingetragen (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Billie Jean
Beitrag 30 Nov 2006, 14:40
Beitrag #11

ENFANT TERRIBLE

Mitglieds-Nr.: 470

oooooh yeeeeeah!

wie geil!!!!!!
(IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/xmas.gif) (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/xmas.gif) (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/xmas.gif)

+Quote Post
Delegoano
Beitrag 30 Nov 2006, 15:19
Beitrag #12

Delegoano

Mitglieds-Nr.: 7.187

yippieeh !!!

+Quote Post
Chriskeepsdiggin...
Beitrag 8 Dec 2006, 14:21
Beitrag #13

It is what it is!

Es freut mich verkünden zu dürfen, das als weiterer Support

Rudi Roschitz (Shellbeach)

hinzugekommen ist (Admins seid so nett das Line up zu ergänzen, vielen Dank!)!

Sprich ein sehr feiner Klangbogen ist an diesem Abend zu erwarten!

+Quote Post
der_Schneidermei...
Beitrag 8 Dec 2006, 16:24
Beitrag #14

"life is too short, so take it easy?!"

Gruppe: tb-Support
Mitglieds-Nr.: 2.461

wirklich sehr feines booking larkin als begleitung für den rudi, dann kann quasi nichts mehr anbrennen. (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

Der Beitrag wurde von GK bearbeitet: 8 Dec 2006, 16:24

+Quote Post
-Kulpa-
Beitrag 8 Dec 2006, 16:37
Beitrag #15

dr. strangelove

Mitglieds-Nr.: 15

auf wen soll ich mich jetzt mehr freuen...

+Quote Post
ClemensN
Beitrag 8 Dec 2006, 19:42
Beitrag #16

Mitglieds-Nr.: 8.130

wow...

+Quote Post
der_Schneidermei...
Beitrag 9 Dec 2006, 17:24
Beitrag #17

"life is too short, so take it easy?!"

Gruppe: tb-Support
Mitglieds-Nr.: 2.461

hat eigentlich kenny larkin nicht schon aufgehört mit der musik oder hab ich mir das eingebildet??

+Quote Post
sweet r.
Beitrag 3 Jan 2007, 15:11
Beitrag #18

Mitglieds-Nr.: 5.191

PULP MUSIC 10c [aus House Attack #5]

A Kenny Larkin Story

Es war schon spät geworden. Kenny kam aus dem hinteren Bereich seines Hauses in einem relativ vornehmen Viertel von Detroit, der Stadt im Norden von Amerika, die der Motor so verändert hatte. Sein Studio hatte er nach hinten hin ausgebaut, um in Ruhe und sorgenfrei an seinen Tracks zu arbeiten.

Während seiner Zeit bei der Airforce in Miami hatte Kenny einen Typen aus Chicago kennengelernt, der seine Seele der House-Musik verschrieben hatte und ihr lieber gedient hätte als auf Kampfbomber aufzupassen. Von ihm bekam er seine ersten Tapes und danach sah auch Kenny sein Lebensziel klar vor Augen. Eigenes Studio, eigene Tracks, eigener Stil. Man könnte es Egoismus nennen, aber jeder der Kenny kennt, würde ihm nichts schlechtes unterstellen. Unterschiedliche Meinungen über Labelpolitik hatte Kenny von Richie Hawtin und Plus 8 trennen lassen und nach seinem ersten Release unter dem Pseudonym Dark Comedy auf seinem eigenen Label Art of Dance (von den 300 Stück musste er alle mit Filzstift selber beschriften) kam lange Zeit nichts mehr. In Amerika galt er als schwieerig und so suchte Kenny sein Glück in Belgien. Auf Buzz-Records erschien seine Vanguard EP; Tracks von einfacher Schönheit, die jeden anderen belgischen Sägezahn seiner Zeit verblassen lassen. Auch danach erst einmal viel Stille um ihn.

Er lebte mit seiner Freudin in dem Haus zusammen. Sie ist Musikerin, auch wenn sie sich der klassischen musik verschrieben hat und von seiner Musik nur wenig versteht. Beide sind glücklich und Kenny fährt eine Corvette. Vielleicht ein Grund, warum er als Schwarzer in dem Viertel mehr auffällt als andere. Die wenigsten seiner Nachbarn wussten um seine Tätigkeit als Musiker. Amerikanische Kleingartenidylle, die bald von zwei Schüssen gestört werden sollte.

Kenny hörte es klopfen. Eigentlich völlig ungewöhnlich, denn kurz vor zwölf war noch nie jemand bei ihm vorbeigekommen. Er hatte auch keine Verabredung. Trotz Misstrauen geht er an die Tür und fragt, wer da sei. Daraufhin meldete sich ein gewisser Charlie, doch Kenny kannte keinen Charlie. Kaum hatte er die Tür geöffnet, da stand er schon vor einer unbekannten Person die eine Kanone auf ihn richtet und zweimal abdrückt, als Kenny die Tür wieder schliessen will. Die Kugeln treffen ihn in die Magengegend und der Schmerz fährt Kenny durch den ganzen Leib. Er sieht noch, wie einer der zwei Gangster zum hinteren Teil des Hauses läuft. Danach schleppt sich Kenny zum Sekretär in der Diele, wo er eine kleine Handwaffe deponiert hatte. Er nimmt sie schmerzerfüllt heraus und wendet sich wieder zum Ausgang. Wenn sie ihn wegen seinem Equipment im Haus überfallen wollten, dann würden sie jetzt zu allen Mitteln greifen. Doch Kenny will sich wehren. Er drückt den Durchzug seines Kleinkaliberrevolvers ab, doch aus genereller Vorsicht ist im ersten Lauf der Waffe keine Patrone. Der zweite Schuuss fällt ihm schon fast zu schwer, doch er schafft es gerade noch. Der Schuss seiner eigenen Waffe erschreckt und hilft ihm im selben Moment. Doch die zwei Attentäter sind schon geflüchtet und out of range.

Kenny hat sich von den Schüssen wieder erholt. Er hat natürlich das Vertrauen in die Sicherheit seiner Wohngegend verloren und alle, die Detroit als Terrorstadt verkaufen wollen, werden seinen Fall als Beispiel nennen. Ob er umzieht, weiss Kenny noch nicht. Angst hat er keine. Wie sollte jemand auch Angst haben, der innerhalb eines Jahres Tracks für zwei Alben wie "Azimuth" auf WARP und nun "Metaphor" auf R&S gemacht hat. Das ganze Gerede von Funk oder Jazz im Techno sollte verstummen, wenn ein Track wie "Amethyst" zum Klang ansetzt. Wenige bringen solche Klarheit und Jambewusstsein in die Musik. All das gibt Kenny das Recht, auf seinem Status zu beharren. Seine Musik ist weder shapeless noch lurid. Seht im Lexikon nach und ihr wisst, was ich meine. (gregor wildermann)

Who's song is this?
It's not a song, baby. It's a record!
Who's record is this?
It's Kenny's record.
Kenny's cool.

das dünne, billige papier und die optik eines groschenromans bitte dazudenken...

+Quote Post
semmel
Beitrag 3 Jan 2007, 15:52
Beitrag #19

Hardcoreposter

Mitglieds-Nr.: 2.752

Hmmm,not to sure that the Above story so wichtig ist when we talk about K.Larkin... I know it happened...many people know it happened...aber,es jetzt wieder auszugraben vor er hier kommt ist für mich unangebracht...
Its about the music and not about gunshot wounds to the stomach

"Kenny hat sich von den Schüssen wieder erholt. Er hat natürlich das Vertrauen in die Sicherheit seiner Wohngegend verloren und alle, die Detroit als Terrorstadt verkaufen wollen, werden seinen Fall als Beispiel nennen. Ob er umzieht, weiss Kenny noch nicht. Angst hat er keine. Wie sollte jemand auch Angst haben, der innerhalb eines Jahres Tracks für zwei Alben wie "Azimuth" auf WARP und nun "Metaphor" auf R&S gemacht hat."

Ahem,das ist einfach viel zu deppart

with respect
Slack Hippy

+Quote Post
Chriskeepsdiggin...
Beitrag 3 Jan 2007, 15:59
Beitrag #20

It is what it is!

ZITAT(GK @ 9. Dec 2006, 16:24 )
hat eigentlich kenny larkin nicht schon aufgehört mit der musik oder hab ich mir das eingebildet??

Aufgehört nicht, pausiert schon, anyway in Bälde erscheint sein neues Album...... - hoffe somit Deine Frage beantwortet zu haben!?

+Quote Post
« Vorhergehendes Thema · Wien · Folgendes Thema »

Bookmark and Share

3 Seiten V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 Besucher lesen dieses Thema (Gäste: 2 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
0 Mitglieder:

- Vereinfachte Darstellung Aktuelles Datum: 27. April 2024 - 20:59

Copyright 2001 - 2014 technoboard.at
Die Texte geben die Meinung der Autoren und nicht unbedingt die des technoboard.at Teams wieder.
Alle fraglichen Inhalte werden auf Anfrage und alle gegen die BoardRegeln verstossenden Einträge automatisch entfernt (sobald sie bemerkt werden).
Kontakt: [email protected]

connected by: