technoboardLogo

Willkommen, Gast ( Anmelden | Registrierung )

Bookmark and Share Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Miss Kittin - Untitled, a lot said in a few words...
sweet r.
Beitrag 18 Jan 2006, 18:32
Beitrag #1

Gruppe: Members
Mitglieds-Nr.: 5.191

hier ein kleiner text von miss kittin aus "gendertronics" (einem sammelband von club transmediale u. meike jansen, suhrkamp) - knapp und gut, so finde ich
food for thought für die tb-philosophen...

You think you know me, such a comfortable image. Even maybe a part of you wants to be me. A musical performer. Supreme irony, I probably became one just because I never thought I would, like my soul chose this body for the journey.

First I belong to the dance floor. I am a selector, mixing music with emotions, my own, and yours, in an ultimate interactive way. I try to instantly react on your mood as much as you are the reflection of mine. If I was playing a character, I would be a liar. Other people's music speaks for me. Alone, in flesh, never in spirit. No artifice. Unlikely, when I sing, my whole body is playing. I become the show, naked and trapped in my own music, irresistibly forced to create diversion through performing. Image is taking over the music, and that's a sin.

So what? No matter who I am, entertainer, DJ, party animal. I can be all in one, rarely simultaneously but in many possible combinations. But how can I beat about the bush sitting here, in silence, in front of my computer? Is it worth intellectualizing this abstract sound world? People who never dance, have NO right to do it. If Prince says 50% of music, 50% of sex, I say 100% of sweat.

A night life workshop. Party kit: towel & water. "Come as you are." Let's smoke, let's drink, let's get trashed and got to bed with sunglasses on, we will always look younger anyway. Why? No time, no yesterday, no tomorrow, just now. We will all dance to the same soundtrack and will never have the same pictures running in our head. Fear of rejection is gone. No dress code, no Policy of Cool. To be unique but comfortably accepted, at night, should be an utopia. From a better view behind the decks, I observe the landscape, the ballet of standing bodies, waiting for the music to take them, it's in my hands to start breaking these rules.
Born and raised as a control freak, I want to surrender. Losing control of the moves, the rhythm, the aesthetic, the trends, as individuals, possibly, rarely in mass… I hate this analysis process as much as I love it. It's just human and necessary to synthesize and vehicle it through the music, to finally create the osmosis I am paid for. Fuck, this is only brain-masturbation. When are we gonna make more space for intuition? What you are thinking when you dance is none of my business. What you think of how I look, how I move, as an artist, as a woman, is none of my business either. It's your freedom, I accept it and it sets me free.

Let's leave this complex alchemy to what it is. Music first, as a gift, body second, and far behind the intellectual "professional distortion" sadly destroying the magic. You can philosophize forever, you will never find the words. When was the last time you sweat on a dance floor?

scheisse kann ich schnell tippen, fällt mir grad auf - aber was tut man nicht alles wenn man lernen sollte (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Der Beitrag wurde von sweet r. bearbeitet: 18 Jan 2006, 18:43
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
« Vorhergehendes Thema · electronic music · Folgendes Thema »

Bookmark and Share

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 Besucher lesen dieses Thema (Gäste: 2 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
0 Mitglieder:

- Vereinfachte Darstellung Aktuelles Datum: 29. April 2024 - 04:26

Copyright 2001 - 2014 technoboard.at
Die Texte geben die Meinung der Autoren und nicht unbedingt die des technoboard.at Teams wieder.
Alle fraglichen Inhalte werden auf Anfrage und alle gegen die BoardRegeln verstossenden Einträge automatisch entfernt (sobald sie bemerkt werden).
Kontakt: [email protected]

connected by: