technoboardLogo

Willkommen, Gast ( Anmelden | Registrierung )

Bookmark and Share Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Evil Eddie Richards - Promotors please read this
Primoz
Beitrag 14 Oct 2004, 15:36
Beitrag #1

Gruppe: MemberS
Mitglieds-Nr.: 4.653

Hey ya all party geeks. A new member to this board. Primoz from Slovenia.

I have a word for all Austrian promotors:

I'm promoting this guy on suturday november 20th in Slovenia. It's a promotional topur for FABIRC 16 mix CD wich Eddie mixed this year and also includes my track on it. Tour is ending at end of this year in latin america.

So i'm promitng an event on 20th november... and here you come in. Eddie will be @ my place already on friday 19th of november, so if anyone want's to book him on that day we would be very happy.

Anyone intereseted please do email/MSN me on this addy [email protected]. It's a great chance for promotors to guest a DJ with profile like Eddie. Its a top DJ/producer/remixer and a godfather of UK techno and house and a wonderfull person.

The conditions of booking are ideal for you. No need to pay for any flights, becouse I'm covering flights from London to Ljubljana. All costs that you have is paying a traveling costs from Slovenia to your town and back... and of course DJ fee which will be very very low to his officiall booking fees. So this is your great chance to promote him for very very good conditions.

So once agai8n any requests please do not hesistate to contact me immidiatly on [email protected]!

Here is a a little info on EDDIE RICHARDS
(IMG:http://www.fabriclondon.com/images/djs/artistpage_eddierichards.jpg)

MUSICAL ROOTS
“I don’t name-check influences. I’ve always liked and played new music, and that’s what I was doing in ’88 and what I do now still. Nothing’s really changed with me, I get bored really easily with stuff and I’m always looking for something else, something new. I went to Detroit and spent time with those guys. It was the first time Jeff Mills, Mike Banks, Richie Hawtin and Dan Bell had all been together I remember; I think they may have hated one another. We used to call Richie the ‘Techno Beatle’, you should see his hair in the photo, like John Lennon’s. I brought him to England for the first time to play. I ran a DJ agency for a long time [Dy-na-Mix] and was responsible for getting most of those guys here for the first time: Jeff Mills, Rich, Lil’ Louis, Todd Terry. We were pushing the American scene over here from 1990. It was just new music like ourselves, we were just trying to help. I was the first to give people a chance. Terry [Francis] was on our books all those years ago and I couldn’t get him a gig because no-one knew who he was. People got greedy though. DJs got greedy. The scene got really big and they started asking for more money, and the people that put those DJs there – the small clubs – they weren’t interested in playing for those guys any more. They could play bigger places, for more money, and I was disappointed with the whole thing. There was too much ego, too much greed. I didn’t want to start an agency: in fact, I asked other people to do it. But no-one would so I did it. It needed to be done. I ended up doing accounts for most of the fucking time, and working for everyone else except me, for no thanks, and no fucking money. I thought: time to knock it on the head and work for me.”

FIRST PROJECTS
“This is amazing: I started my first mobile disco with this guy when I was at school, and we called it Ministry of Sound, and I didn’t register the name. I actually thought of that name before they did, this was 25 years ago, way before they thought of it. I’ve still got pictures. We made a console, a coffin thing, and covered it in orange fabric with lime green letters on the front saying ‘MINISTRY OF SOUND’ in capitals. I used to place adverts in papers; I could prove it was my name. Who knows if it was half-inched [overseas contacts – half-inched = ‘pinched’] but we were definitely first. For the first thing we did we had one eighteen inch loudspeaker, with no treble or anything. It was borrowed from a bass guitarist and we did a social club. That was the first time I’d ever gone out to a disco as well, and I was the DJ. I played whatever I could get, which was my sister’s ‘Motown Chartbusters’ LP and a few other bits. That’s how it all started. When I was 16 I was a bit cheeky. I went up to the owner of a nightclub and said ‘The DJ here is shit, I can do better.’ He said ‘Yeah? Well come down one afternoon’. He was thinking I was a complete waster, but he really liked it when I played. So I started DJing at a nightclub in Leighton Buzzard when I was 16. Then I went to college somewhere - South Bank - and instead of going to classes used to do all the pubs with topless dancers, DJing there. All the time I was collecting records. Every single week I went around every single record company to collect new music. It was a full-time job; if I wasn’t DJing I was hunting for records. It was like an obsession.” Someone came up to me in a pub in Milton Keynes – we used to do this night playing a mixture of Grandmaster Flash, punk, electro, a bit of everything that no-one else was playing - and asked if I wanted to try out for a new club that was opening in London. That was the Camden Palace, and it was run by Steve Strange and Rusty Egan of Visage. It became a really famous venue. I was there until the rave scene started and after that I’ve been touring, playing pretty much every weekend, for twenty years. That was the place that started it off: there were no other clubs like that, ones that had turntables you could mix on (believe it or not). In 1983 there was hardly anyone that had decent turntables or a decent system. You used to go into places and they had tiny little speakers. No-one ever mentions Camden Palace, its not in any books or anything, it’s a crime.”

LABELS AND PRODUCTION
“I have four labels. Lunar Tunes is kept free for people I meet on my travels. If I hear something I like it’ll go out on there; Storm is more of a house thing; Dynamix is more techy; and Other Sound is really a shared label with a German guy, just stuff we both like. I’ve done mixes for The Shamen, Orbital, Louie Vega... I was doing stuff years ago uncredited; it’s only in the last few years I’ve added my name to edits and mixes; I’ve been busy in the studio helping people for years. I’ve had a couple of Top 20 hits too. Jolly Roger was one. It was an acid track, two minutes long, that you could never mix in time. So I lengthened it, changed it around and put some effects on it. I gave it to Colin [Favor] to play on Kiss FM - with no intention of releasing it - and Virgin heard it and licensed it. It could have gone higher in the chart but the BBC banned acid music. I was due to go on Top of The Pops and everything, it was mad. The Shamen was a number one, I did the mix of ‘Ebenezer Goode’. My name is on it somewhere and I have a silver disc on the wall at home. The track that is credited for getting there is an alternative mix, but the one radio played was mine.”

DJING
“When I left Camden Palace it was because warehouse parties had started. The first one, Sunrise, was organised by a guy in Milton Keynes where I live. He asked me to choose the DJs for it; I was ‘Music Coordinator’, he was very efficient. I said we should get this guy I’d heard down in Brighton called Carl Cox, Colin Favor, and a few others. I was choosing the DJs for all those raves around the M25 – they were nicknamed ‘Orbital’ raves which is where the Hartnoll’s got the name from – and we started to get further afield. I remember doing one in Birmingham and thinking ‘wow, word is getting out.’ Then it got further, and it started to get into different countries, and now I’m playing in Uruguay and goodness knows where else, mad little places you’d never imagine have a house scene. People still ask about my ‘DJ Name’ ‘Evil Eddie Richards’. I don’t mind it, it just sounds dated. The Camden Palace gave me that. They had a Halloween night where they insisted everyone dressed up, but me and Colin Favor decided we’d not bother. They got really pissed off and made us wear badges, and they needed something that sounded good with my name. So ‘Evil Eddie’ it was. And then I thought it sounded OK and started telling people it was my DJ name. I thought it sounded cool: in those days everyone had a dj name but now they don’t.”

FABRIC
“I’ve been doing fabric from the start, at Wiggle nights. I think it’s the best club in the world. It has the right attitude, and im saying this because I believe it. Fabric doesn’t rely on big name DJs and it pushes people. The big names are involved, but others get a chance.”

THE FUTURE
“Ive got a lot of tracks, very different things, and id like to get them out. Id like to see if I can make a ‘real’ album, blues and reggae. Ive forty tracks to put together, itd be nice if someone would buy them and put them out. With DJing and production its like I’ve always done it, so it’s a case of ‘same old same old’ really."

Fabric 16 CD
01 Old Skool Split [Ricardo Dias/Pedro Vilas Boas] 'Loosely Joined' Upfront
02 Eddie Richards 'Be Still' Abnormal
03 Freddie Montanez Ft Jessica Lynn 'Vegas Nights [Audio Soul Project
Rerub]' Movim
04 Corrie 'Scorpio' Exclusive, produced by Corrie
05 MastikSoul 'I Believe [MastikSoul Remix]' 4kenzo
06 Gideon A.D.D & Marky Star-High As Can Be '[Dreddteks Get Up Remix]'
Household
07 Dexter 'Shwing Final Rinse' Exclusive, produced by Simon Stevens
08 Little Mike '11th & Broadway' Casa Del Soul
09 Primoz 'Push Me' Lunar Tunes
10 DJ2 'Plural' Pancake
11 Robin Porter and Mike Carr 'Fathernature' Immigrant
12 Living City 'Steppin' Out [Tunnel Mix]' Living City
13 Pure Science 'Do U Know House?' P.S. Communications
14 Loft 55 'Butterfly Lips' MES

Greets to Ostereich (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/baaa.gif)

Primoz,
www.moistycrew.org

Der Beitrag wurde von Primoz bearbeitet: 14 Oct 2004, 15:41
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chriskeepsdiggin...
Beitrag 14 Oct 2004, 15:48
Beitrag #2

It is what it is!

Gruppe: Members
Mitglieds-Nr.: 344

Well of course "Evil Eddie Richards" is not unknown!

As he`s one of oldest jocks ( a living legend of the UK scene) & an old buddy of Colin Favor (who stopped dj`ing & works now in the fields of multimedia) I know, also one of the founders & chiefs of Dynamix Booking and wellknown due to his releases & residencies throughout the years.......... But unfortunately the 19th of November isn`t the ideal date for us - but let me think maybe I know something for him, just let me do some quick phonecalls!

So hopefully things will work out in a positive way - to invite this excellent techhouse jock & funny guy!?

Der Beitrag wurde von Chrise bearbeitet: 14 Oct 2004, 16:15

+Quote Post
Chriskeepsdiggin...
Beitrag 14 Oct 2004, 15:57
Beitrag #3

It is what it is!

Primoz check your mail, right now, maybe I can help you (Gig in Vienna)!!!

Der Beitrag wurde von Chrise bearbeitet: 14 Oct 2004, 16:05

+Quote Post
Primoz
Beitrag 14 Oct 2004, 21:21
Beitrag #4

Chrise thanks dude... we're already having an email chaty.

And of course Eddie is a true living legend and sure one thing that counts more, he'se on of the few good guys in the business. he doesnt see only $$$, always music first.

there are Numerous artists that eddie helped to get'em on the top (some of the greates names in the industry).

And teh hell of a DJ. I've watched him spinend live 4 times now and shit thats some serious groove on tha dancefloor.

Wicked guy! And thanks to you to helping us out.

Cheers,
Primoz
www.moistycrew.org

+Quote Post
Chriskeepsdiggin...
Beitrag 14 Oct 2004, 21:50
Beitrag #5

It is what it is!

So if things work out well over the weekend & we`ll reach a common agreement "Evil Eddie Richards" will be on the 19th of November 04 in Vienna!!! So your chance to see & hear a living legend of the UK scene, a great deejay & a very nice person!

If it happens don`t miss this and of course it won`t be the last time they`ll come to Vienna, next time we`ll bring Primoz (by the way what´s your deejayname?) alongside........... - so watch out!

If any german translations needed - bitte Bescheid schreiben (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
KayoZ
Beitrag 15 Oct 2004, 07:27
Beitrag #6

.::1|1,4|2|2,8|4|5,6|8|11::.

Gruppe: tb-Support
Mitglieds-Nr.: 2.460

ZITAT(Chrise @ 14. Oct 2004, 21:53 )
"Evil Eddie Richards" will be on the 19th of November 04 in Vienna!!!

i cant imagine - i hope this agreement will be fixed!
will keep hoping over the weekend!

if there were two days available --> i would have tried to get him to graz too...
so we all have to go to vienna (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/hah.gif)

waiting for details !!!

+Quote Post
Primoz
Beitrag 15 Oct 2004, 09:34
Beitrag #7

Chrise... yeah everething as it seems will go fine. Few little things to fix and I'm prety much sure you'll have Eddie on 19th of november in Vienna.

As for me.. My DJ name over here is DJ Kratek (in english it would mean DJ Short-T) , thats the name all people know me in Slovenia but, I played outside from slovenia with my original Production name "Primoz" where most of people know me from my work on Fabric 16 CD and Lunar Tunes release.. So Primoz iz fine!

KayoZ... you wont regret it to go to Vienna and listen this guy. His sets are amazing. As for Graz, I know Eddie would love to play there and so would I, it's always nice to come somwhere new. If you will want any further booking for him or anyone else please contact me as I can get you very cool conditions for booking of these tech house guys!

Cheers,
Primoz

+Quote Post
Chriskeepsdiggin...
Beitrag 15 Oct 2004, 10:02
Beitrag #8

It is what it is!

So the story is fixed, everyone`s happy & a great deejay stopsover (19th of November 04) in Vienna!!!

Further informations will be online very soon in an extra thread, with full infos about where, what & why!

Thanks Primoz!!!

+Quote Post
KayoZ
Beitrag 15 Oct 2004, 10:15
Beitrag #9

.::1|1,4|2|2,8|4|5,6|8|11::.

Gruppe: tb-Support
Mitglieds-Nr.: 2.460

ZITAT(Primoz @ 15. Oct 2004, 9:37 )
KayoZ... you wont regret it to go to Vienna and listen this guy.

i know that!

I heard him @ a wiggle night - Valkana Beach Pre-Party ...
I thought WOW, so THATs PREparty (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

typical wiggle - techhouse - everybody shakin' - fantastic --> THATs what he will do to us on the 19th !!!

@Primoz: I will keep your mail-adress... who knows what for ?! (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/tounge.gif) (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Primoz
Beitrag 15 Oct 2004, 10:23
Beitrag #10

Chrise and KayoZ (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/music.gif) thanks both....

KayoZ i've been to that Valkana preparty and hell yeah it was a night to remember. I think that PREparty was way better than all other 3 night of valkana beach. Wiggle shaked our asses out (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I might even join you all its sound tempting to go party to vienna (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

Cheers
P

+Quote Post
Primoz
Beitrag 15 Oct 2004, 11:33
Beitrag #11

Here let me post my recent chart ...

Primoz - October Chart

Primoz - Debugger (Eddie Richards remix) - Blue-dust music
Lanoiraude & Mike L - Mystic River - Battle
Jose Nunez feat Tania - Billingual - Subliminal
Da Sunlounge - Downtool - Myna
Primoz - LightC TwistedMind Remix for Benji - Unsigned
Panda David - This Time (Charles Webster Dub) - Seasons Limited
DJ2 - Plural [Mazi remix] - Pancace
Impossible Beings - Too Late remixes - End
Phonique - X-Attack - Dessous
Kahil El Zabar - Running The Streets (Charles Webster Remixes) - Deeper Soul
Various artist - Erotic house moments vol.3 album - Dessous
HIPP-E - House Stompin' - Detour
Primoz - The suturday morning - Unreleased
John Dahlback - Basic Love - Affected
Martinez - Skywalker - Dessous
DAHLBACK & DAHLBACK - Sweden 1 : Canada 0 - Turbo
Jose Nunez feat. TAINA - Billingual - Subliminal
Lanoiraude & Mike L - Mistyc River (Original & Charles Webster remix) - Battle France
Jussi Pekka - Work The EP - Morris Audio Citysport Edition
Lisa Shaw - Let it ride [Swag dub] - Naked Music
Reed & Radley - Foundations EP - DIY discs
Innocent Lovers - Feedback
Bob Sinclair - Darlin' (Mr. G dubs) - Defected
Jussi Pekka - Kesä/Fun/Forced
Vincenzo - We Wait Right Here (Charles Webster Dub Mix)
John Dahlbäck - Wait For Love (Lance DeSardi Dub)
Phonique - Moye Ya
Tanzmann and Voigt - Lady Colt
Dan Berkson - Easy - Gourmet

(IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/baaa.gif)

Primoz.
www.moistycrew.org

+Quote Post
« Vorhergehendes Thema · electronic music · Folgendes Thema »

Bookmark and Share

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 Besucher lesen dieses Thema (Gäste: 2 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
0 Mitglieder:

- Vereinfachte Darstellung Aktuelles Datum: 6. June 2024 - 07:18

Copyright 2001 - 2014 technoboard.at
Die Texte geben die Meinung der Autoren und nicht unbedingt die des technoboard.at Teams wieder.
Alle fraglichen Inhalte werden auf Anfrage und alle gegen die BoardRegeln verstossenden Einträge automatisch entfernt (sobald sie bemerkt werden).
Kontakt: [email protected]

connected by: