technoboardLogo

Willkommen, Gast ( Anmelden | Registrierung )

Bookmark and Share Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SIMON BAKER, Infant rec./Playhouse
Neo
Beitrag 24 Jan 2008, 20:12
Beitrag #1

schnuffi

Gruppe: tb te@m
Mitglieds-Nr.: 237

Simon Baker Infant rec./Playhouse
www.myspace.com/simonbakerinfantrecords

(IMG:http://a818.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/103/l_ae4f8bc434945d0ee1e70e3205d000f9.jpg)

Biografie:

SIMON BAKER BIOG

"Simon Baker is fast becoming a major player in the global electronic community. Working steadily through the ranks at 2020 Vision after producing his first single “The Lip Trick” in 2004 he has worked, fine-tuned and greatly improved his production skills gaining worldwide respect with a bang this year" (Word & Sound-Germany-Sept 07)

Simon has been collecting and playing records for over 15 years. A versatile and passionate DJ, he doesn't like pigeon holing his style, as he is a firm believer if it's good, play it. But his passion is for the finest underground, deep electronic house and techno music, represented by the releases on his superb INFANT RECORD label.
2007 couldn't have been busier as Simon's reputation sky rocketed, and became a major player on the worldwide dj circuit, while also holding down quality residencies at some of the UK's most acclaimed underground House nights, Asylum & Technique at The Warehouse Leeds, and DDD at The Key , London..

Simon scored his first hit in 2004 with his debut recording, released under his 'Liptrick' alias, which found it's way into the bags, and compilations of Tiefschwarz, Damian Lazarus, and Dan Ghenacia amongst others, and was signed to Ralph Lawson’s highly respected 2020 Vision label as part of an album deal.

These days simon is concentrating on solo material for various labels, including his new label, Infant Records. Infant is run in conjunction with 2020 Vision and the first release debuted Simon's solo sound. Entitled Simon Baker presents 'Footprints EP', it was launched at the Sonar Electronic Music Festival in June 2005. The reactions were tremendous, with Radio 1 plays as well as 4/5 in both DJ and IDJ magazine, amongst others. The label has since gone from strength to strength with more releases from Simon alongside Paul Woolford, Burnski, TG, Anthony Collins, Sian, Rekleiner, Jamie Jones and more.

Recently Playhouse Records have spotted Simon's productions and signed him to a 3 single deal , first was his huge summer hit "PLASTIK". 2007 has also seen him releasing on quality labels such as 2020 Vision, KarateKlub, Infant and Connaisseur, to name but a few.

So what's in store for 2008? Other than a hectic worldwide dj schedule there will be remixes for the likes of Simian Mobile Disco and Radio Slave, while also releasing E.P's with Leftroom, R&S Recordings and of course his own label Infant.

CURRENT RESIDENCIES
Asylum & Technique @ The Warehouse - Leeds
DDD @ The Key- London

Kate Bush & Matthew Dear

BIT OF PERSONAL:

Am the big 3 2 years old but not sure i act it!? (How should a 32 year old act?..dunno)
When i am not doing music related things or partying .......then..... I am generally asleep! Am a northern lad who says it how it is. Some might say "blunt". I think sarcasm is the BEST form of wit, I dislike RnB, love chilli's, red or green. I enjoy having stupid laughs, and not into cheesy bars. I do have a sensible side too. No i have.. honest! Asian food is my fave. I love a pint of 'wife-beater', or a JD and coke. Quite partial to red wine aswell. I can't stand clipboard twats that try and stop you in the street, in fact anyone that tries to stop me in the street! Also, kids that play music from their mobile phones in public places fuck me right off(It's generally RnB!). I like edgy , funny, interesting people with something orginal to say. Like going to gigs, travelling, festivals, meeting new friends, and getting out of Leeds as much as poss. That'll do for now.

upcoming gigs:

26.Jan.2008 Mad Club Lausanne (CH)
02.Feb.2008 DDD (Chateau Flight & Daniel Stefanik) (residency) London (UK)
08.Feb.2008 Club Pompadour @ Camera Club Vienna (AT)
09.Feb.2008 Start of Brazil tour (Clubs tbc) Brazil (BR)
21.Feb.2008 Oscar Club Constanta (RO)
22.Feb.2008 Rocker 33 Stuttgart (DE)
29.Feb.2008 Audiojak (Infant Records Party) Lincoln (UK)
01.Mrz.2008 Mobilee @ Weekend Berlin (DE)
15.Mrz.2008 Residenz club - Connaisseur Label Party Thuringhen (DE)
23.Mrz.2008 Habit Newcastle (UK)
29.Mrz.2008 Clustret Stockholm (SWE)
12.Apr.2008 DDD (Anja Schneider & Rhadoo) (my residency) London (UK)
12.Apr.2008 Asylum & Technique Leeds (UK)
19.Apr.2008 Prinzip Munich (DE)
02.Mai.2008 Riff Raff Middlesbrough (UK)
24.Mai.2008 Asylum & Technique (Residency) Leeds (UK)
06.Jun.2008 Watergate (Connaisseur Records party) Berlin (DE)
14.Jun.2008 Loft (Connaisseur Records Party) Lausanne (CH)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ron Doe
Beitrag 25 Jan 2008, 13:37
Beitrag #2

progressive - was ist das?

Gruppe: Members
Mitglieds-Nr.: 673

wir haben auch eine bio auf deutsch
klick hier
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
« Vorhergehendes Thema · international · Folgendes Thema »

Bookmark and Share

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 Besucher lesen dieses Thema (Gäste: 2 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
0 Mitglieder:

- Vereinfachte Darstellung Aktuelles Datum: 27. April 2024 - 08:22

Copyright 2001 - 2014 technoboard.at
Die Texte geben die Meinung der Autoren und nicht unbedingt die des technoboard.at Teams wieder.
Alle fraglichen Inhalte werden auf Anfrage und alle gegen die BoardRegeln verstossenden Einträge automatisch entfernt (sobald sie bemerkt werden).
Kontakt: [email protected]

connected by: