technoboardLogo

Willkommen, Gast ( Anmelden | Registrierung )

> PETE TONG
thewulf
Beitrag 14 Jan 2004, 15:43
Beitrag #1

The Date-Finder

Gruppe: Members
Mitglieds-Nr.: 2.338

PETE TONG
www.trustthedj.com/PeteTong

(IMG:http://stat.discogs.com/A/12285-001.jpg)

BIOGRAPHIE

I was born in July 1960 in Dartford Kent, and attended King's School in Rochester. I started DJing really early on; my first booking was for a friend's wedding when I was 15! Me and a couple of mates also promoted a few local bands, booking the village hall for gigs themselves. It went alright - we were making about £300.00 a time!
I got into 'blacker' music throughout my teen years, I used to listen to Robbie Vincent's Soul Show on Radio London. Robbie used to play tracks by the likes of Evelyn 'Champagne' King & Crown Heights Affair. So the whole soul thing was a massive influence on me. As part of the Kent 'Soul Mafia', I worked at various local discos and after leaving school I set up a mobile disco based in a transit van!

I got involved in radio soon after. I had some cool slots - guesting on Radio Medway in the 'Soul Mafia', and doing occasional mixes on Radio London during the early 80s. When Invicta Radio started up in Kent in 1984, Pete hosted a soul show there until 1987 when I returned to Radio London for a few months, before moving to Capital Radio where the show attained cult status amongst the London clubbers.

OK! onto label stuff now. Step back a bit now to1979 when I got my first proper job at Blues & Soul magazine, working as their staff writer and then features editor until 1983. When London Records started up in 1983 they got in touch with a view to becoming A&R manager. London were a big pop outfit back then and they've always had their eye on the ball. Dance was looking like the new big thing so I signed the contract and suddenly found myself looking after Bananarama! Five years later I set up my own dance imprint - FFRR, which was conceived to concentrate on dance acts like Salt n Pepa, The Cookie Crew, Steve 'Silk' Hurley, L'il Louis & D Mob. FFRR has grown into one of the world's most highly respected labels...even if I say so myself (IMG:http://www.technoboard.at/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I suppose I'm best known for my work at and on Radio 1. My first job there was in 1981 when I had a year's slot on Peter Powell's show, playing the new tracks, chatting about all the gossip and spilling the latest news from the dance world. Some things haven't changed then! In January 1991 I was moved up to present the Friday night dance show.

The Annual - Various Artists - Ministry Of Sound
Dance Nation Volume One - Ministry Of Sound

Dance Nation Volume Two - Ministry Of Sound
The Annual II - Ministry Of Sound
Essential Mix vol 3 - ffrr
Essential Mix vol 4 - ffrr

Dance Nation Volume Three - Ministry Of Sound
Dance Nation Volume Four - Ministry Of Sound
Pete Tong's Essential Collection - Polygram
The Annual III - Ministry Of Sound
Essential Selection Winter 1997 - Polygram

Essential Selection Spring 1998 - London Records
Platinum on Black : The Final Chapter
The Annual III - Ministry Of Sound
Clubber's Guide To Ibiza - Ministry Of Sound

FFRR Classics Collection 1988 - 1998 - ffrr [sleevenotes]
Essential Selection Spring 1999 - London Records
Essential Selection Ibiza 1999 - London Records
Dance Nation Volume Five - Ministry Of Sound
Essential Millennium - London Records
Human Traffic - OST - London Records

Essential Mix - Sire US
The Beach - OST - London Records [executive producer]
Essential Selection Spring 2000 - London Records
Essential Selection Ibiza 2000 - London Records

Twisted Beats - WEA
Essential Mix - Sire US

Der Beitrag wurde von thewulf bearbeitet: 16 Feb 2004, 16:26
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Beiträge in diesem Thema

« Vorhergehendes Thema · international · Folgendes Thema »

Bookmark and Share

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 Besucher lesen dieses Thema (Gäste: 2 | Anonyme Besucher: 0)
0 Mitglieder:

- Vereinfachte Darstellung Aktuelles Datum: 23. April 2024 - 16:37

Copyright 2001 - 2014 technoboard.at
Die Texte geben die Meinung der Autoren und nicht unbedingt die des technoboard.at Teams wieder.
Alle fraglichen Inhalte werden auf Anfrage und alle gegen die BoardRegeln verstossenden Einträge automatisch entfernt (sobald sie bemerkt werden).
Kontakt: [email protected]

connected by: